Handy Man Help Needed

I need to find someone locally who will do handy man type jobs. Everyone who was doing them seems to have moved away and no one I know can recommend anyone - we are all looking.
How do I go about find someone reliable? Would stores have a directory? They should have...I know lots of people who would use them.
Any suggestions about how to find someone would be appreciated.
Dorothy
Dorot29701 wrote:

near the cash register.

This is Turtle.
Look in your Local Newspaper under Home Repair and look at the service listing for job / work on the home. Now some small newspaper have a service man section where all the different services are lited as to what they do. You will see a bunch of different type services in one place.
TURTLE

Go to your local hardware store. Talk to the clerks, and walk around and talk with the customers. You'd be amazed how helpful people can be.
--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Dorot29701 wrote:

Besides the other suggestions, you can call HandymanConnection (if they are operating in your city). They'll give you a detailed estimate with a firm price. That gives you something to use to compare when others bid the jobs. They might even be the low bidder, although naturally they have more overhead than a guy working out of his home.
Brian