Handy Man Club TAOLG

Have to be the first to get in with this taolg (reverse gloat). They are extremely generous this time around. Not only a Black drill gauge but a notepad for your watch pocket that has about 5 sheets of paper in it. Was I the only lucky one?

Reply to
rmorton

I haven't heard from them in years. Guess I'm not handy any more. Almost out of glue spreaders too!

Vic

Reply to
Vic Baron

Pffffft. You probably have an unending supply of glue spreaders, if you just recognize them for what they are. Expired credit cards, used-up gift cards, expired health-insurance cards, etc etc etc -- I have enough already to last all my remaining years.

Reply to
Doug Miller

You must have been I, did'nt get the tablet, just the glue spreader

Reply to
dave

=A0Was I the only lucky one?

Nope. Got my third or fourth guide, plus the pad! in the mail just the other day. I would like to hear from someone who actually is a member of this club. No one that I know in 100 mile radius is.

MJ

Reply to
mjmwallace

You don't suck.

Reply to
Breezy Johnson

Crap, I got the drill guide, now I'm going to have to look in the trash for my note pad probably still in the envelope. Get any neat tools to test yet? I'm hoping for the new Unisaw.

Reply to
Ed P

If anyone has ever jointed, what's the best thing they sent you to test(I enjoyed the complimentary notepad and still have the drill guide)? I guess I'm just of the skeptical ilk.

Bill

Reply to
Bill

Nope, nothing here. You win.

Reply to
Mark & Juanita

On 1/20/2010 10:49 AM rmorton spake thus:

Pardon my ignorance, but who are "they"?

Reply to
David Nebenzahl

On 1/20/2010 5:27 PM Breezy Johnson spake thus:

The proper response to a TAOLG, of course.

Reply to
David Nebenzahl

The HandyMan Club folks. They send out these invites to be a member and include a "trinket" of some sort as a good faith measure. Usually it's a drill guide. This time it was a guide and a small pad of paper.

They promise if you sign up you get to evaluate and keep a tool.

No one ever seems to cop to being a member.

MJ

Reply to
mjmwallace

Wataminnit!

He works for the Electrolux division of Microsoft?

"News flash!

Microsoft Buys Electrolux.

Makes extensive design changes.

They now have a product line that doesn't suck."

The "correct" rejoinder to a valid taolg is "kcus uoy". everybody knows that. for an _unjustified_ claim, it's "ereh egakcus on".

Reply to
Robert Bonomi