estimating for a handy man special type house

Ok, this home is almost 2400 sq feet, one story (no basement) located just outside of Houston, Texas. Any idea what a roof job might cost if it's shingle and complete tearoff of old? Assume that the roof is normal pitches and there is a detached 2 car garage. Also ball park figure for painting inside (don't remember how many rooms but assume 7 (3 bedrooms). I'm assuming like $3000 to do the inside (incl woodwork), sound reasonable ?? This home also needs the foundation leveled and I don't know how many piers but I guess like $5000 ??? Also what does a front exterior door cost to replace? I may just have it refinished instead tho. Also what does a rear exterior door cost to replace (casing and hinges already in place) ? And where can I go to replace or repair some window screens if I want someone to do it for me?

Also the kitchen floor tile has cracks. I realize that after the house is leveled the cracks will tighten. Assuming there are no spare tiles and it's no longer made, are there fillers to try to fill these cracks?

Reply to
Doug

A couple of ideas:

  • Why not try the interior painting yourself? It ain't rocket surgery. Pick up a book on the subject at your local box store. There are hundreds of tricks that can make it easier, like spraying your hands with PAM before you start (oil and water(-based paint) do not mix).
  • Re-screening is trivial. You'll make excellent use of a tool made for the purpose, about six bucks. The only other things you need is some screen material. Such material comes in several varieties, aluminum or plastic, regular or solar radiation repellent, and some rubber gasket material to hold the screen in place.

The droids in the box store's window department can demonstrate the technique.

Reply to
HeyBub