Handrail

Replacing handrail on interior of home. The existing handrail ends are rounded off. I'd like to round over/off the 3 rails I'm putting up. They didn't make any returns on the existing, I'd like to do the same.
What's the best sander to use on ends? Just want them knocked down far enough where as there are no sharp edges.
Thanks

The best sander for the job is the one you own. I have a couple of ROS (random orbital sander) that I'd use, or a belt if it was a lot to remove. Not a big enough job to justify buying a new tool.

Check your building codes to learn what constitutes a proper handrail termination. Rounded ends are OK when out in the open, but against structure, a 'return' to a vertical surface is often required.
Joe