Handrail bracket

I need to install a handrail going into the basement in a split entry. The top part of the rail mounts to a 2x4 wall and the bottom portion will mount to a block stem wall that has been furred out. My problem is the wall is not on the same plane, and I'm wondering if specialty brackets are manufactured for this application? (i.e. different length brackets)

Thanks for any help.

Don

Reply to
Don

I had the same problem in the house I just moved into and what I did was = made mounting plates to go behind the brackets to build them up to a = matching level. Did that make sense ? Puff

Reply to
Puff Griffis

Ditto what Puff said. When I was in the stair business we regularly shipped these out. Just make yourself a shape you like (square/rectangle/shield/circle/etc.) and run a router 'round it if you want to doll it up. On the up side you can use these where there aren't any studs (molly bolt/hollow wall anchor) and hide that fastener with the rail bracket.

UA100

Reply to
Unisaw A-100