Handicapped toilets or higher toilet bowls

Hello,

I'm looking to replace a couple of toilets. I want the higher toilet bowls for comfort now and ease of sitting down when older.

I can't find any bowls higher than about 16 1/2". I thought it would be easy to find a 19" high bowl but can't.

Any suggestions where to look?

Thanks.

Bill Billy Boy

To reply correct [at] and [dot]

Reply to
Billy Boy

comfort now

to find a 19"

What? You haven't been to Lowe's or Home Depot and looked for ADA compliant toilets? Color is extra, but white is usually always in stock.

Reply to
Grandpa

Plumbing supply house?

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

comfort now

find a 19"

Why not build a pedestal for the toilet to sit on?

Reply to
Goedjn

Thers always the comfort of DEPENDS

Reply to
DiG

ADA only requires 17" to 19" from top of seat.

I want the bowl to be higher.

Thanks for your answer.

And, I have shopped Lowe's and Home Depot completely and surfed the web but no luck.

I was hoping someone here could help.

for comfort now

to find a 19"

Billy Boy

To reply correct [at] and [dot]

Reply to
Billy Boy

for when the need for additional heigth arises, just get a thicker toilet seat. they are available and not expensive.

the issue is probably some folks legs when sitting wouldnt reach the floor, and that could be hazardous..

Reply to
hallerb

Try Google for "ADA Toilets " should find a bunch of choices..

Reply to
Gimpy

Xeno Chauvin

Are you over 7 foot tall? You might write Yao Ming c/o the Houston Rockets and see where he gets his toilets. Take into consideration you shrink as you get older. There is a 6" or 8" toilet seat that you might find at a "sick-room supply store". ( you may have seen them in some public restrooms?) If you ad that to an ADA commode you should be s*****ng pretty. (Sorry couldn't resist it.) Good Luck! McM

Reply to
Xeno Chauvin

You could also mount the toilet on a raised platform.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

comfort now

to find a 19"

Then people could worship at the porcelain bowl.

Reply to
mm

Thanks for all the help.

I finally found one with the bowl 17 1/4" high (18" with seat) at

Got the Challenger 872 for $123.92 at a local distributor and they deliver (actually two)to my home for only $10.00.

Seems pretty good to me.

I read some good comments at:

A few comments sent to me by other plumbers:

"I used to have these same problems with the 1.6gal toilets. Time to tell the customer to bite the bullet and get a new **Western,** (Western makes the Challenger) TOTO or one of the other brand toilets that work! Since switching several of our customers to Western and TOTO we no longer have the standard call backs on toilets that don't flush." Moshe Levine, Levine Plumbing and Const. Tonasket, WA"

comfort now

find a 19"

Billy Boy

To reply correct [at] and [dot]

Reply to
Billy Boy

I called Kholer and they said the higest they made was 16 1/2" (even though ADA approved).

As I said >

Billy Boy

To reply correct [at] and [dot]

Reply to
Billy Boy

Reply to
glenn P

It would require some change in the plumbing as well.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

customer to

Western and

PRESSURE ASSIST TOILETS DONT CLOG THEY JUST WAKE EVERYONE EVERY TIME YOU FLUSH!

Give me a old water waster they WORKED!

Reply to
hallerb

Hey Billy boy I am also Looking for my Wife She's a 4 times stroke survivor I purchased a lift for toilet bowl plastic thick sides 2 or 3 inches high , What A JOKE ! the height was good but the down size toilet hole? what a laugh! So I'm in the same boat or should I say Toilet bowl and not finding a FIX,,,,, KEN!!!!!!

Reply to
MeKen

I knew as soon as I saw the date of the original post this drivel had to come from HomeMoaners. Will those dolts ever get a clue?

Reply to
ItsJoanNotJoann