Handicapped toilets or higher toilet bowls

Hello,
I'm looking to replace a couple of toilets. I want the higher toilet bowls for comfort now and ease of sitting down when older.
I can't find any bowls higher than about 16 1/2". I thought it would be easy to find a 19" high bowl but can't.
Any suggestions where to look?
Thanks.
Bill Billy Boy
To reply correct [at] and [dot]
Billy Boy wrote:

compliant toilets? Color is extra, but white is usually always in stock.
--
Grandpa

What is that dripping from my fingers?
ADA only requires 17" to 19" from top of seat.
I want the bowl to be higher.
Thanks for your answer.
And, I have shopped Lowe's and Home Depot completely and surfed the web but no luck.
I was hoping someone here could help.

Billy Boy
To reply correct [at] and [dot]
"Billy Boy" <billyboy[at]comcast[dot]net> wrote in message

Are you over 7 foot tall? You might write Yao Ming c/o the Houston Rockets and see where he gets his toilets. Take into consideration you shrink as you get older. There is a 6" or 8" toilet seat that you might find at a "sick-room supply store". ( you may have seen them in some public restrooms?) If you ad that to an ADA commode you should be shitting pretty. (Sorry couldn't resist it.) Good Luck! McM
"Billy Boy" <billyboy[at]comcast[dot]net> wrote in message

Plumbing supply house?
On Thu, 03 Aug 2006 15:53:36 -0400, Billy Boy <billyboy[at]comcast[dot]net> wrote:

Why not build a pedestal for the toilet to sit on?

Then people could worship at the porcelain bowl.
Thers always the comfort of DEPENDS
"Billy Boy" <billyboy[at]comcast[dot]net> wrote in message

for when the need for additional heigth arises, just get a thicker toilet seat. they are available and not expensive.
the issue is probably some folks legs when sitting wouldnt reach the floor, and that could be hazardous..
Try Google for "ADA Toilets " should find a bunch of choices..
"Billy Boy" <billyboy[at]comcast[dot]net> wrote in message

"Billy Boy" <billyboy[at]comcast[dot]net> wrote in message

http://www.us.kohler.com/onlinecatalog/detail.jsp?from=thumb&frm=&module=Toilets&item 51202&prod_num493&section=2&category
I called Kholer and they said the higest they made was 16 1/2" (even though ADA approved).
As I said in other post I found one 17 1/4" high bowl.
wrote:

Billy Boy
To reply correct [at] and [dot]
Billy Boy wrote:

You could also mount the toilet on a raised platform.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit
That's really not an option for a standard trap toilet, since the xisting outlet would not mate the raised supply.

glenn P wrote:

It would require some change in the plumbing as well.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit
Thanks for all the help.
I finally found one with the bowl 17 1/4" high (18" with seat) at www.wpindustries.com
Got the Challenger 872 for $123.92 at a local distributor and they deliver (actually two)to my home for only $10.00.
Seems pretty good to me.
I read some good comments at:
http://www.terrylove.com/crtoilet.htm
A few comments sent to me by other plumbers:
"I used to have these same problems with the 1.6gal toilets. Time to tell the customer to bite the bullet and get a new **Western,** (Western makes the Challenger) TOTO or one of the other brand toilets that work! Since switching several of our customers to Western and TOTO we no longer have the standard call backs on toilets that don't flush." Moshe Levine, Levine Plumbing and Const. Tonasket, WA"
On Thu, 03 Aug 2006 15:53:36 -0400, Billy Boy <billyboy[at]comcast[dot]net> wrote:

Billy Boy
To reply correct [at] and [dot]
Billy Boy wrote:

PRESSURE ASSIST TOILETS DONT CLOG THEY JUST WAKE EVERYONE EVERY TIME YOU FLUSH!
Give me a old water waster they WORKED!