Hand cart axle

Page 1 of 2
What is the "official" name of the washer that prevents the wheel from slipping off the end of the axle?
What is the "official" name of the washer that prevents the wheel from slipping off the end of the axle?
What is the "official" name of the washer that prevents the wheel from slipping off the end of the axle?
(I've describee the washer at Lowes, Home Depot or Ace Hardware but no one knows what I'm talking about)
I've put the wheel onto the axle. What is the "official" name of the washer that's pounded onto the axle that prevents the wheel from slipping off the end of the axle?
(I've described the washer at Lowes, Home Depot or Ace Hardware but no one knows what I'm talking about).
On 7/22/16 2:46 AM, GARYWC wrote:

See picture at http://www.mcmaster.com/#push-nuts /e08ol
The Push Nut Cap fits on the end of the axle.
I need a "washer" that can be pounded 1"-2" along the axle.
The "washer" I need looks something like an Internal-Tooth Lock Washer at http://www.mcmaster.com/#standard-lock-washers /e0do4
The diameter of the axle is 1/2"
On Friday, July 22, 2016 at 2:46:49 AM UTC-4, GARYWC wrote:

Rusted?
There wasn't an "Edit" option so I couldn't change previously-submitted posts to provide more/better information. My only choice was to delete the post and post a new one.
On Friday, July 22, 2016 at 9:44:05 AM UTC-4, GARYWC wrote:

Your original post was not "deleted". AFAIK, you cannot delete a post from usenet.
Your other "choice" was to simply continue the previous thread by providing more/correct info in a new *post*, not a new *thread*.

More accurately, it is up to each individual usenet server to decide whether or not to honor cancels.
On Friday, July 22, 2016 at 10:58:14 AM UTC-4, Scott Lurndal wrote:

If the post has already propagated throughout usenet, any given server's "cancellation" is not going to pull it back from all other servers, is it?

cancels are propogated just like messages.
On Friday, July 22, 2016 at 11:19:29 AM UTC-4, Scott Lurndal wrote:

And do all servers honor said propagation? It has always been my understanding that they do not.
GG shows 2 threads related to his question:
The one I am currently replying in: Hand truck axle washer And this one: Re: Hand cart axle
Granted, the Re: Hand cart axle does not appear to be a complete thread, as the first post appears to be an answer, not a question from GARYWC. My guess is that the original post had already been downloaded and responded to before the cancellation request propagated throughout usenet, so remnants of the thread still exist.
AFAIK, the ability to fully cancel a usenet post is hit-or-miss.
Stolen without permission from:
http://lipas.uwasa.fi/~ts/http/cancel.html
"To better understand canceling, consider what it technically means. When you post something your posting propagates as a file throughout the net. Copies of your file are carried by the news server services all around the world on the hard disks of the service providers (ISPs). When you "cancel" your posting with your newsprogram what really happens is this. Your program sends out another, special-format posting from you. It is called a cancel-message. In fact it is nothing more than another file sent to propagate all through the system. The file is in a special format. It contains among other things the message identification of your original message, which you want erased from the servers carrying your original posting. Whether your original message is actually deleted from a server (canceled in that sense) depends on whether the service in question honors cancel-message files or not. There are a lot of servers on Internet which ignore such cancel files. Thus there is no guarantee that your original message will actually disappear. What is certain though, is that the longer you take to cancel (i.e. tell your newsprogram to send out the cancel file), the more certain it is that your original message has reached sites which do not put your cancel-message suggestion into effect. In sum, if you want to cancel, do it right away. After a few days, even hours, your cancel will be much less effective."

see above, starting with "More accurately..."
On Friday, July 22, 2016 at 11:50:05 AM UTC-4, Scott Lurndal wrote:

OK, I took that to mean that you were saying it is up to each usenet provider to allow users to cancel their posts or not. My apologies.
Since we are both talking about the propagation of that request, it looks like we are on the same page.
Oren laid this down on his screen :

I have used several who cancel on their server, and if you're quick enough, the original doesn't propagate. It definitely can't be trusted to work as intended and propagate the request to receptive servers.
Then why is there a "Delete post" option.
On Friday, July 22, 2016 at 10:36:17 AM UTC-4, GARYWC wrote:

Ask Scott. ;-)
On 07/22/2016 9:35 AM, GARYWC wrote:

'Cuz google groups is a web interface, primarily.
But, even if they do honor 'Cancel' on their own servers, usenet postings are distributed to all servers so once it's gone, it's gone and exists on and will continue to be distributed to all other usenet servers that monitor the particular group so it's futile even if one or two do.
The upshot is usenet is not a user web forum.

LOL!