gutter cleaning question

i'm too lazy to DIY it.
so called in one outfit that (over the phone) sounded competent - this is after several bids on the work.
american owner on phone.
that's not what i got for the job.
truckload of illegals.
dude throws extension ladder up against existing gutter - alarm bells go off in my head.
dude then proceeds to stomp all over my roof -
told him to get the F off of my roof and all of them to get the hell off my property.
question - is it unreasonable to expect a gutter cleaining crew to clean a gutter without putting an extension ladder up (against a non load bearing piece of aluminum ???)
(or for that matter to not walk on the roof).
house is a ranch, gutters can be reached with an articulating ladder.
If you put the ladder almost vertical and place it against the gutter where there's a spike, it's probably ok.
Your BIGger problem is letting anyone climb up on your roof without them proving they have insurance for their workers. One of the workers climbs up there, falls off, gets paralyzed, and YOU are on the hook.
[IMO you could clean your own gutters due to the bother about the insurance]
Methos wrote:

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Tru dat Homey.....
No damn niggah better even think about coming into my crib to works without providing proofs of insurances and workmans comp...
word...
~:>
Leafguard gutters will take care of the problem permanently. 10 years up with no cleaning. Previous gutters filled with crap in 3 months.

Art wrote:

Various gutter covers are made. It appears that the different systems all work well, but only for certain problems. For example those that might work well under a maple tree will quickly clog under a pine tree. Of course those that don't work well for your situation become a source of additional aggravation because they can greatly increase the amount of work to clean the gutter.
My only advice to anyone considering one of these products is to find neighbors with the same type of construction, gutters and source of leaves - needles etc. and see what has worked or not worked for them.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit
I had gutter helmit on my last house. Did not work at all because they are dependent on proper slant of roof. Also they can ruin lowest shingle since they go under it. Leafguard seems to work well with both pines and hardwood. Only bad part is the price.
wrote in message

Did you check there green cards and ID's?

You should have asked and specified beforehand. I use a regular ladder at my house against the gutter. No big deal if done right.
I use a 16-ft ladder to reach my gutters (no choice; they're pretty high up). Been doing this a few times a year for four years, never harmed the gutter by leaning ladder on them.
But then I am very cautious and careful, and climb ladder gently without bouncing too much.
It's worth it to DIY....one estimate for cleaning my gutters was same as buying my ladder (articulated). Considering I have to clean them out at least 3 times a year, it was a no brainer.

should be using "standoff" ladder attachments