Gun for compressed air

I just bought a portable compressed air tank, but it only came with a fitting to blow up tires and such. I was looking for a gun to attach to it, but all either said they were limited to 30 or 90 PSI, or else they didn't specify. The tank will hold up to 120 PSI, and the instructions say only to get attachments that can handle up to 150 PSI.
Are the guns with no limit mentioned good up to some understood PSI? The 90 PSI guns warn that they might explode if exposed to higher pressures, so I'm not inclined to experiment with the unlabeled ones.
Thanks

What kind of gun? Nail gun? Spray gun?
Anyway, you can always buy a regulator and regulate tank pressure down to the pressure required by the tool you're using.
<<What kind of gun? Nail gun? Spray gun?>>
Oh, sorry, a blow gun.
<<Anyway, you can always buy a regulator and regulate tank pressure down to the pressure required by the tool you're using. >>
I thought about that, but I was concerned about accidentally changing the setting and having the gun blow up in my face.
Get a blowgun an use it. My compressor pushes 120 PSI and the regular-type blow guns work fine with it.

<<regular-type blow guns work fine with it.>>
You mean the ones that don't state a PSI limitation?

http://www.homedepot.com/prel80/HDUS/EN_US/diy_main/pg_diy.jsp?CNTTYPE=PROD_META&CNTKEY=Products_2%2FPower+Tools%2FAir+Tools%2FMiscellaneous+Tools&ProductOIDc1618 Notice the vent on the side? It keep it from over pressurizing if you push the nozzle against something. It will be able to take the line pressure from any home compressor.
Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

Most home compressors max out at about 135 psi, a few go to 150. Most products of that sort have burst strength of 1000 psi or more. We've been using them in my industry for 35 years and none has ever broken. Even if it did breaks, it would likely crack, rather than blow apart.
<<It keep it from over pressurizing if you push the nozzle against something. It will be able to take the line pressure from any home compressor. >>
Thank you.
And now, just for your amusement, I did something ignorant. I found this white stuff wrapped around the male fitting, so I unpeeled it. I figured it was something to protect the fitting during travel. <sigh> Now I know it was the teflon tape. I'll have to buy some more.
Greg Esres wrote:

A lot of them don't have those vents, but like someone else said, they probably will not burst under pressure. I like the adjustable ones. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/TWO-EZ-TWIST-AIR-BLOW-GUN-DUSTER-CLEAN-UP-TOOL-TOOLS_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ43986QQitemZ4600264747QQrdZ1

Greg Esres wrote:

What kind of gun? Paint gun? A tank without a compressor isn't good for much. You can inflate tires and you can put quite a few nails through a small gun before you need to add pressure. You have to look at the PSI limit and the air flow, e.g., 50 psi 5.7 cfm. Most compressors pump the tank up to a certain amount and also have an adjustable pressure limiter on the outlet which you adjust for the tool you use. Paint guns are usually fairly low and pressurized guns will blow the paint container apart if the max pressure is exceeded enough.
<<What kind of gun? Paint gun? A tank without a compressor isn't good for much. >>
Just a blow gun. I plan to mainly use it for cleaning right now, so I figure it will last a while at that. I'll get a compressor in the future, but I have to keep my purchases in line with my time available to learn to use them properly.
Thanks

typical blow gun to generate an "explosion" . It would just leak. Now, if the tank burst, parts of it would probably go through the wall.. -- Email reply: please remove one letter from each side of "@" Spammers are Scammers. Exterminate them.