Google is NOT my Friend

Page 1 of 2
The next person who tells someone on here that "Google is your Friend", will have their testicles removed, and will be forced to eat them raw. Google is a large company with lots of money who only wants more money and provides the worst search engine. Google SUCKS!
On 8/3/2013 12:56 PM, Fight snipped-for-privacy@NO.Google.com wrote:

Google is your enema, cause they get up your ass. ^_^
TDD
On 8/3/2013 1:56 PM, Fight snipped-for-privacy@NO.Google.com wrote:

Who says it is your friend? If Google is the worst search engine, which ones are better?
On Saturday, August 3, 2013 2:42:42 PM UTC-7, Rebel1 wrote:

IXQUICK
HB

The Ones that Obeys Robots.txt File
Bing.com is the Best
On 8/3/2013 4:42 PM, Rebel1 wrote:

I use the Pale Moon browser based on Mozilla and "start page" by ixquick because I'm a terrorist according to The Obama Administration.
http://www.palemoon.org/
https://startpage.com/eng/?
Be safe citizen, er, I mean comrade. ^_^
Praise Ollie!
TDD
The Daring Dufas wrote:

I don't see where the Pale Moon Project is a search engine. It appears to be only a Firefox based browser.
--
Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
On 8/3/2013 7:58 PM, willshak wrote:

Try the next link under the one for Pale Moon. You have to use them together but you can use start page with any browser. ^_^
TDD
Fight snipped-for-privacy@NO.Google.com wrote:

What do you use?
--
Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

Probably AltaVista.
CRNG wrote:

DuckDuckGo.com is mentioned widely in various media reports as a completely anonymous search portal in terms of trying to track or identify users, user-search patterns, plant cookies, maintain user records, etc.
You might mention the part about reporting everything to the government, in your list of concerns. But of course, the NSA already knows of my concerns.
On 8/3/2013 1:56 PM, Fight snipped-for-privacy@NO.Google.com wrote:

The police say "if you have done nothing wrong, you have nothing to fear". But, I am not that trusting. My reply is "if you have no probably cause that a crime has been committed by me, you have no reason to track me." I'm a bit old fashioned, and prefer to be left alone. I realize that's not happening in today's computer society. But, I prefer.
On Sunday, August 4, 2013 3:45:20 AM UTC-7, Stormin Mormon wrote:

The point is not whether you or anybody else is "trusting".
The point is that:
"If you have done nothing wrong you have nothing to fear" is slave language . It's addressed to slaves, or people who are being conditioned to BE slaves.
We Americans are not SUPPOSED to be "trusting". What makes -- or made -- A merica different is that our job is to question, argue, doubt, research. I f we don't do our job, we'll turn gradually but (I fear) irreversibly into a slave state.
It sounds fine to talk of resisting slavery [which I define off the top of my head as as unchecked government power]. But all the NRA's beloved automa tic weapons are not going to do squat when/if the military comes after you with THEIR panoply of fun toys.
Besides, "If you have done nothing wrong, you have nothing to fear" is demo nstrably FALSE if you consider the fate of whistleblowers who have lost fam ily, friends and country just for trying to do their job as Americans. Yes, we have a LOT to fear, considering that our country lies to us continu ally.
Even the words used by THEM in Congressional hearings are weasel words. THE Y define terms like "collect" [intelligence] in their own specialized hypoc ritical way, hoping that no one will blow the whistle on their distorted us age. If I can find the glossary, I'll post.
REALLY discouraged with the mentality (not just picking on you) that no one has to fear if they've done nothing wrong.
First, it's observably not the case. And most important: Our system of laws says "Make 'em prove it" NOT "Guilty till proven innocent." That's why, f or example, a Zimmerman can walk.
HB

On Sunday, August 4, 2013 5:50:58 PM UTC-7, Higgs Boson wrote:

HEY define terms like "collect" [intelligence] in their own specialized hyp ocritical way, hoping that no one will blow the whistle on their distorted usage. If I can find the glossary, I'll post.

*****OK, FOUND IT. ONE OF MANY SITES EXPLORING THEIR ORWELLIAN LANGUAGE:** ***
BEGIN QUOTE:
"NSA-To-English Dictionary: I Don't Think These Words Mean What You Think T hey Do from the if-you-can-redefine-the-language dept
For the last few weeks I'd been meaning to write up a "dictionary" of how t he NSA translates certain words, completely different from the way any othe r English speaker does, in order to argue that what it does with its survei llance programs is "legal" under the law.
I hadn't gotten around to it because every time I started, it seemed like there was more breaking news. Thankfully Jameel Jaffer and Brett Max Kaufma n from the ACLU beat me to it, and put together a fantastic NSA lexicon, wh ich highlights how the NSA has simply changed the meaning of many basic Eng lish words in order to argue that their efforts are, in fact, legal and abo ve board.
You can and should read the full and detailed explanations that Jaffer and Kaufman have put together for each word, but I'm going to take their same l ist and simplify it down a little. In CAPS is the word, and after it is wha t the NSA thinks it means.
SURVEILLANCE : When we actually access full content of your calls and e mails, but not when we access all the data about who you talk to, where you are and what you do.
COLLECT: When we run a search on data we collected er... "stored for saf e keeping."
RELEVANT: Everything. It might become relevant in the future, thus it's relevant today.
TARGETED: As long as we're collecting the info for an investigation tha t involves a "target" then any info is "targeted" even if that info has not hing to do with the "target."
INCIDENTAL: Everything that we collect... er... store that may become "r elevant" at some point but isn't now even though it's "targeted." In short: everything.
INADVERTENT: Stuff we did on purpose on a massive scale that looks bad w hen exposed publicly.
MINIMIZE: A term we use to pretend that we delete information on America ns, but which has many exceptions, including if you encrypted your communic ations or if we have a sneaking suspicion that you're 51% foreign based on a hunch.
NO: When said to Congress in response to questions about whether we col lect data on millions of Americans, this means "fuck you."
I would imagine there are a few more words that will need to be added at so me point"
END QUOTE
On Sun, 4 Aug 2013 17:50:58 -0700 (PDT), Higgs Boson

I've done nothing wrong that I need to worry about, but everytime google gets involved, it slows down my internet use, and it tracks me for annoying advertising. And if you think Google is bad, facebook is much worse. FB reads the contents of your hard drive. Because of that readon, I refuse to use Facebook, and even then, I never do any type of financial stuff with my computer. In fact when Ebay stopped accepting mail in payments (checks / money orders), I stopped using Ebay. I refuse to give out my credit card info online.
<stuff snipped>

That's not quite what happened. <sigh> It always amuses me how your view of the world is always slightly distorted, like a funhouse mirror.
His former employer turned him in after reviewing his computer logs. Given the time-honored tradition of "former disgruntled employees" seeking revenge on the companies that fired them (often for very good cause) this was probably a justifiable search. Employers should do everything they can to make sure their employees stay properly gruntled.
--
Bobby G.

In wrote in

as if your view is so much clearer <chortle>
On 8/4/2013 5:38 PM, Robert Green wrote:

Booby G. you mean that YOUR view of the world is NOT distorted? Oh my God, you poor, poor P.L.L.C.F. minion. Those of your ilk have minds that are like a combination roller coaster and house of horror. I pointed out a story posted to The Web and you claim I made it up. Your mind is definitely zooming up and down the coaster's tracks. I know you have fun inside that skull of yours. Did you and Trayvon share some Lean? ^_^
TDD