Goodman Heat Pump

Page 2 of 3

had received it .

Did you take out the BUG?
Thank you Kathy. Great Answer.
Most hvac people hate goodmans because the brand cuts so deeply into their profits. Goodman sells more units and with a better warranty than any other brand. Every goodman install means that much less money for these guys and their high priced, high profit items. Goodman has had the best warrany in the field for several years and they stand by their warranty so anybody that claims that goodmans are junk are lying thru their teeth. Don't believe anything they say.
WM

You're full of shit too.
Most major brands have the exact same warranty as Goodman.
As far as them selling a lot:
They sold a lot of Yugos back in the 80s. Don't see too many of them on the road any more do you......
Red Neckerson wrote:

That doesn't mean Yugos were necessarily a bad thing. Do you drive a 20 year old car?

No. I drive a 50 year old Corvette. And they are still making them!!
Imagine that!
Ah, but they still make Goodmans too so you'll be able to get one every five years. THen they'll be just like new, huh???
God DAMN you are a fucking genius!!!
Red Neckerson wrote:

Fine. Run a 50 year old furnace, too, if you like. I'd rather not.

Even if it ran for 10 years, that would be 5 longer than a Goodman.
What a douche bag you are....
Red Neckerson wrote:

Keep up with the ad hominem. It shows how weak your substance is.
WM,
I live in Myrtle Beach, SC. We sell mostly heat pumps here. I used to sell a lot of Goodmans when I first started. However, they do not last as well as some other brands, like Lennox and Trane and York. Typically a Lennox will outlast a Goodman by 5-years. In addition, they are very loud. I can hear my neighbor's Goodman OD unit when I am sitting next to my lennox while it is running. I consider quiet operation to be part of comfort. I stopped selling very many goodman units because of warranty and out of warranty problems.
Yes, they are easy to install. If you are only going to live in your house for a couple of years, then move; the Goodman can be a good deal if the sound levels don't bother you. The first cost of goodman is lower than Lennox, but over the long run, the Lennox is cheaper.
Of course not all Lennox dealers are equal. We have one Lennox dealer in my areacharging double my prices and doing a hack job.
My feeling is when you buy from a Goodman dealer, you get a Goodman job.
Just because it is a 14 SEER unit, does not mean you will get 14 SEER. The equipment must be sized right; the ducts must not leak, The air flow must be correct, the charge must be correct. Otherwise a 14 SEER unit can deliver 9 SEER. Most Goodman dealers do not do REAL load calculations, they size by the square foot of floor space, which is WRONG. They do not flow nitrogen when brazing the Freon lines, which is WRONG. They seal the ducts with unapproved tape instead of approved UL181 A-P tape or mastic. They do not measure air flow with a hood. They do not have good tools to check refrigerant charge. They do not size lines properly.
You can do a proper installation with Goodman, but if all you have to offer the customer is a low price, you cannot afford a Flow Hood ($2,000.00 & up), Blower Door ($2,700.00), Duct Blaster ($1,800.00), Sling Psychrometer ($100.00 per truck), Load Calculation and Duct Design software ($600.00 to $2,000.00); Nitrogen Regulator and Flow Meter ($300.00); etc. Low price is not always best price. That goes for the equipment as well as the contractor.
End of rant
Stretch
WM,
I live in Myrtle Beach, SC.
We sell mostly heat pumps here. I used to sell a lot of Goodman equipment when I first started. However, they do not last as well as some other brands, like Lennox and Trane and York. Typically a Lennox will outlast a Goodman by 5-years. In addition, they are very loud. I can hear my neighbor's Goodman OD unit when I am sitting next to my Lennox while it is running. I consider quiet operation to be part of comfort. I stopped selling very many Goodman units because of warranty and out of warranty problems.
Yes, they are easy to install. If you are only going to live in your house for a couple of years, then move; the Goodman can be a good deal if the sound levels don't bother you. The first cost of Goodman is lower than Lennox, but over the long run, the Lennox is cheaper.
Of course not all Lennox dealers are equal. We have one Lennox dealer in my area who is charging double my prices and doing a hack job.
My feeling is that when you buy from a Goodman dealer, you get a Goodman job.
[...]

I love them precisely because they are a piece of shit. They keep food on the table and pay the bills.

I agree.
I think the other guy is just a troll trying to get people riled up. Just ignore him....

You're right. I love Goodmans. I wish everyone single person in the world had one. I would become rich quick. Bottomless money pits is what Goodmans are. I replace parts after parts after parts on them. Cha Ching. Bubba

Bubba < wrote:

<snip>
Right. That must be why you spend so much time bad-mouthing them.
I look at it this way. If they only cost half as much as the model you'd prefer to install, then they only need to last half as long to be cost-effective. Bottom line, it's all economics.
In fact, the breakeven time is probably less than half, because if you replace one with new at the halfway point, you're likely to have improved technology for the second half.

That is the stupidest fucking logic I have ever heard!
"DUH....I just RENT my heat pump!!!"
Red Neckerson wrote:

I stand by what I said. Capital equipment depreciates; if you don't understand the economics, I suggest a return to high school.

No need. I have a very good paying job and I married an economics degree.
You just sit there at your window and watch your Goodman with your pants around your ankles.
*PLONK*

He wasn't talking to you, a-hole.....
Dr. Hardcrab wrote:

You seem to me to be the wanker in all this.

At least I don't do it to HVAC equipment....
I plonked you! How'd you get through?