Goodman furnace won't shut off

Hey, I've got a Goodman GMT115 gas furnace that, if turned on, will not stop heating the house. This started two nights ago, and it may be a fault in the fan/blower relay switch or something. I've tried turning off the thermostat, but the only way to regulate it now is to turn off power to the furnace. The manufacturer website doesn't give any help. Matching up the manual's wiring diagram with the furnace control panel and wiring doesn't quite mesh. Any help in diagnosing the problem, or identifying where the fan/blower relay is?

I'm sorry.....
Somewhere on the furnace you should find a terminal strip where the wires from your thermostat connect. Temporarily disconnect the red wire and see if the furnace then shuts. The burner, if ignited, should quit immediately, and the blower may take a while to turn off since it is most likely on a delayed relay / switch. The key thing is to isolate the problem to either the thermostat versus the furnace, which this simple test will achieve.
If the thermostat is stuck in the continuous on condition, then removing the red wire will reveal that the thermostat and not the furnace is at fault.
If, on the other hand, the furnace continues to run despite the red wire being disconnected, then the furnace itself is the problem.
There should be a wiring diagram someplace inside the furnace or in the owner's manual if you want to try to troubleshoot the furnace with our help. If not, call a competent repair person.
Smarty
wrote

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

If it continues to heat the house (burners on) after the thermostat is satisfied, then it's not a fan/blower relay problem.
If you're confident working on the wiring, disconnect the thermostat wires (Red and White) at the furnace. If the gas burners now shut off, the thermostat is at fault or the wiring to the stat is shorted. (Shut the power off before working...)
If you're not confident or lack the experience, wait for the tech.
Sounds electrical. I had a furnace I worked on, years ago. They'd replaced the stat three times before I learned of the trouble. Problem turned out to be a sticky relay in the control box.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Good foresight on the problem not truly being solved. I had a feeling, but was hoping for dumb luck. There are two thermostat controls (Honeywell T8112) in the house. Does it sound like I need a new blower relay switch?
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Not the relay.
We're betting that the thermostat is at fault.
If opening the Red (or White) wire shuts the burner off, then the furnace is working normally.
Jim
The furnace should only be connected to and operated by one thermostat, not two.
Are you aware of how the 2 thermostats are wired??
Smarty

I'd think with excess draw, the relay would not close at all. My vote is sticky relay. Not releasing.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus