Glass top (Radiant) Range surface unit replacement

One of the surface units in my 4.5 year old GE radiant range failed. Is it easy to repace by myself, or it is better to call a prefessonal?
I never worked on any of my ranges before. But I did work on electricity before - add circuits, install lights , etc.
Thanks for the tips, or any references.
You should be able to do this. Get the model number and post back here with it; the 'appliance repair aid' guy will hook ya up.
Hi,
Model#? http://www.applianceaid.com/model.html Some model# helps.

failed
Totally dead? Might be the element, switch, wiring between the 2 items. jeff. Appliance Repair Aid http://www.applianceaid.com /
Jeff and Matt,
Thanks.
I'll check the model number tonight when get home.
One of the elements was dead completely. The indicator will come on when it is turned on. But the surface will remain cold. This is the front element (large one) that was used most often.
3 other surfaces elements, including the dual coil one, are fine.
Y.
Appliance Repair Aid wrote:

Jeff,
OK. The model No. is JSP40BOWBB GE Profile
The problem is with the large front element. It stays cold after turn it on, even though the indicator LED is on.
So is replacing a surface element for the glass top DIY'able? If so, where can I find the parts?
Thanks.
Y.
Appliance Repair Aid wrote:

Usenet Poster wrote:

it
Hi,
Closest that would come up online... JSP40BW1BB JSP40BW2BB JSP40BW3BB JSP40BW4BB Slide in style.

http://www.repairclinic.com/referral.asp?R 3&N4239 Large haliant surface burner with sensor, 2000W
Appears the perimeter around the glass top has screws to lift the glass top to access the elements below.... http://tinyurl.com/55u85
Once the top is lifted, prop it up and the elements has bars that go across the top holding the elements to the glass top panal.
Hope something here helps, jeff. Appliance Repair Aid http://www.applianceaid.com /
Thanks Jeff.
How can I tell if that 2000W can really be a replacement of the bad burner? What the consequence would be if it is not exact match to the existing one? How do I tell the wattage of the bad element?
Y.

BTW, The your link of diagram for the GE range looks exactly like mine, as far as the layout is concerned.
Y.

Usenet Poster wrote:

Hi,
Double check the model#, but each one I looked up came up the same replacement element for the large non-dual element. The wattage rating is also/should be writtin on the bottom of the element.

Might not line up with the markings on the top. jeff. Appliance Repair Aid http://www.applianceaid.com /

Jeff,
Thanks much. You are really helpful.
Y.