glass block windows / walls

I'm looking for reliable and affordable online source for mortarless glass block installation hardware/components.

Anyone with experience which to avoid and which to use?

Reply to
franz fripplfrappl

on 5/23/2008 7:00 AM franz fripplfrappl said the following:

Why does it have to be an online source? The big box stores sell mortarless glass block, at least my Lowes does. The local prices could be comparable with online prices after you eliminate the online shipping costs.

willshak

I got the best deal at a brick yard, cheaper than the box stores. They were also more helpful

Reply to
gfretwell

Great tip! Thanks.

Reply to
franz fripplfrappl

on 5/23/2008 12:43 PM snipped-for-privacy@aol.com said the following:

Let me tell you how helpful my local brick yard was. I walked in there with the measurements of the space I wanted to build a glass brick wall. The guy told me how many I would need. I bought the amount he stated. It turns out that there were a couple of boxes of brick that were left over when I finished' I brought them back to the brick yard and they charged me a restocking fee. I told them it was their guy's fault for selling me more than I needed when I told him the measurements. I still had to pay the restocking fee. Would a big box store charge a restocking fee?

Reply to
willshak