Getting my Infinity on Tuesday

No brainer price wize since the 1200 rebate really brings it down to a real nice price point even including the 10 years labor + 10 years part and using a very reputable contractor.

Reply to
Mike

Wow. Glad to hear about it. Uh, what the hell are you talking about?

As if any of us care.

Reply to
3rd eye

The Carrier Infinity System.

Its the cats meow of Central AC Split Systems.

Mike

I was wondering the same thing. I thought he was talking about the high priced Nissan Motors car. I had to do a sort on name to find out he was talking about the Carrier AC. Too bad, I was in the market for a new car. :-)

Reply to
willshak

heheh, yeah the name is funny. I told my wife we are getting the Infinity :)

Reply to
Mike

Is the dealer backing the extended warranty? All the info I have ever seen gives the warranty as 5 years, parts only, limited life time warranty on the heat exchanger. Get it in writting!! Greg

Reply to
Greg O

Yes the dealer is backing up the warranty and it is 10 year parts and 10 years labor. Its all on the contract, he told me any problems all I have to do is pick up the phone. he also gave me his card with his cell etc.. so if anything ever happens I can call him directly any time. he will be there nextweek supervising the work etc..

Its nice to know all I need to do is kick back and not have to worry for 10 years. The company has been around for a very long time and the staff does not rotate which is also a positive sign. I talked to him 4 years ago when I just moved in but decided not to change out yet.

Reply to
Mike

Right, like a Kia.

Don't think I'd want either.

Reply to
Richard J Kinch

Yeah, but is there fine print that says Maintenance (like check-outs and filters) are your responsibility?

Reply to
HeatMan

Yea, and in exactly five years when the manufacturers' warrantee is gone, that phone number will go dead.

. .. . . To Infinity and Beyond! (DD)

.
Reply to
Joseph Meehan

Good point! The "warranty" probably covers break downs only. Regular service and maintainance will be on the homeowners dime. Good chance there is a requirement that the heat and AC need to be checked over before the season, not a bad thing, but the dealer gets two service calls a year out of the deal. Miss one spring/fall service, oops! No more warranty, equipment not properly maintained! It maybe not the case this time, but I have seen warrantys like that. Greg

Reply to
Greg O