Tuesday

Early meeting on Wednesday

I've been called in at 10AM with the new Acting HoD - cannot turn that down.

I am staying in TA Tuesday night otherwise it will just get really painful.

Why don't you just drive (or I'll drive you) to your meeting then come back to TA? It would be a lot less messing about. I could take the kids to eat fish+chips?

Squid...

Reply to
Tim Watts

Ahhh - sorry! - That was destined for my email -

Doh...

Reply to
Tim Watts

And no - I'm not explaining my "shorthand" ;->

Reply to
Tim Watts

En el artículo , Tim Watts escribió:

And that's why I don't use T'bird for news.

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

I might start using a separate profile - like I do for work email.

This will not be the first time I have done or nearly done this!

Reply to
Tim Watts

Tim Watts put finger to keyboard:

No problem, Squid :-)

Reply to
Scion

That reference I will explain:

It's because I handle stress so well ;->

Reply to
Tim Watts

No, use a totally different program for news, it's safer that way. Two profiles in one reader is still liable to catch you out. Believe me. Personally, I use Clawsmail, but use anything that suits you other than your e-mail programme.

Reply to
Davey

Tim Watts put finger to keyboard:

Ah, Spongebob! Wasted on kids.

Reply to
Scion

I know it's not going to be much help here, but I've been using Pluto on a RISC OS computer for more years than I care to admit. It's combined News and Email. But from the days when 'News' was important - not just an afterthought as it seems to be these days. And I've never managed to send something to the wrong one.

I can send an email in reply to a news article but it will get me to confirm I really want to do this.

It's really not possible to send an email to a newsgroup. Or rather, not by accident. As they use totally separate windows. You'd have to open a News window and paste the email in it to do this.

So basically, it can be done.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Once again, we see the perils of using the same client for email and usenet.

Toodle pip, Squid.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Ooowwww....

Reply to
Tim Watts

? indeed.

I send an email to SWMBO. But thunderbird still had uk.d-i-y highlighted so it went there instead.

Silly me.

Glad it was so in code no one will ever figure out what it means :)

Reply to
Tim Watts

That's less likely to happen if you have distinctive sigs for each account.

Reply to
Tim Watts

Perhaps "THIS IS USENET, MORON" (I'm the moron, before you misread that)?

Reply to
Tim Watts