Generator Size Based On Average Kilowatts

Page 3 of 4
On 08-31-2013 03:27, The Daring Dufas wrote:

That's my position even if it were a $25 thousand
http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/Find.do?action=sbs&id3306
I could offer you a
http://xploreair.com/
or a
http://tinyurl.com/k7vwv69
but you have already posted that your condition is not conducive to such.
--
Wes Groleau

Nutrition for Blokes: Re-engineering your diet for life
On 8/31/2013 10:02 AM, Wes Groleau wrote:

Cute but there is no room to install a ladder rack. O_o

Darn, if I was younger and still making crazy money overseas. ^_^

That is so cool. I saw a an electric copter that had what looked like 6 or 8 electric motors and props that a fellow sat in the center of and he was able to fly it. I think he was part of a German group of electric copter experimenters. ^_^

My visiting nurse yells at me for getting out and working with JH on telecom service and installations but I explained to her that I CAN'T sit on my butt because I'll hurt so much worse. She's worried about my weight loss and that I have no appetite but I'm intentionally not stuffing myself when I eat and the weight is coming off. Getting thinner helps my heart and my joints. ^_^
TDD
On Sat, 31 Aug 2013 11:02:27 -0400, Wes Groleau

Does it come with a fez?
Per Wes Groleau:

The "vision" version looks like it has the glide path of the average cement block.
--
Pete Cresswell

On Thursday, August 29, 2013 8:03:29 PM UTC-4, snipped-for-privacy@attt.bizz wrote:

Here are your exact words:
"The cost of all electronics is in free-fall. ...not just $/transistor. "
Notice the words "all electronics" and "free-fall".

Which is what I told you about 6 posts ago.
Some a *highly* specialized so are at a premium. Each

That isn't true either. There are common, mature semiconductors, that are still being used today, that aren't dropping in price constantly because there is no way to decrease the cost. You can still buy an 8031 microcontroller, for example. It's the most popular microcontroller in the world. It's been used in everything from cars to business phones. They hit ~$1 more than a decade ago. Again, the driving trend where you get steep "free-fall" price drop curves is due to Moore's Law and while that applies to chips where you can continue to shrink the feature size, reduce the die size, it doesn't apply to mature ICs like the 8031. Hasn't for a long, long time. 7400 type logic is still used, diodes, discrete transistors, common op amps, you think the price of those are in a "free-fall"?

Again, note the claim that the "bottom is dropping out". Which of course now you're trying to weasel away from.
The fact is that it's

And now you're back to making the original claim again. Boy are you confused. And as always, when you've lost an argument, you start with the name calling.
Still waiting for an explanation of if all electronics is in a "free-fall", why is the most common of all power control semiconductor applications, the electronic SCR based light dimmer, still $15? It was $15 in the 80's. It's still $15 today. Not what I'd call a "free fall". Why is an 8051 microcontroller or a 7400 series chip the same price it was 10 years ago?
And how in the hell could you expect a generator to include an inverter, when a 6KW inverter sells for about the same as a basic 6KW generator to begin with? That shows how in touch you are. Yes, the price of most power semiconductors has come down in price. But they aren't in a "free-fall", not declining anywhere near the rate of semiconductors like memory or CPUs. That's because the latter two benefit greatly from Moore's Law. It's what's driving the steep price decreases. Power semiconductors have benefitted from new advances that have contributed to price decreases over the years, but they can't benefit from the "free-fall" you see due to Moore's Law. And it takes more than just power semiconductors to build an inverter.
On 8/27/2013 7:42 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

I live in a Republican neighborhood so I don't need to worry about the petty theft of a generator.
However, Republicans *will* rob your pension and 401K account.
Would that be on the way home from throwing granny off a cliff, and starving some children? Enquiring minds want to know.
On 8/27/2013 5:19 PM, 1+1=3 wrote:

On Tue, 27 Aug 2013 17:47:20 -0400, Stormin Mormon

All that racist stuff.
I may have it figured out. The Dems, by focusing endless energy on identifying peoples race and by endless discussion of race, and studying the matter from a racial point of view, and who focus lots of attention on the racial background of everyone, have determined that the Reps are racist?
One evening I accidentally tuned in NPR on the radio, during one of the Republican conventions. The NPR voices talked endlessly about the racial makeup of the convention, and how many minorities, and which races. The Reps talked about reducing government, and living within our means.

On Tue, 27 Aug 2013 20:02:42 -0400, Stormin Mormon

All of this is very true. Dems view *everything* through the racial lens, i.e. they're self defining racists.
Per Stormin Mormon:

Neither party is what I'd call exactly trustworthy.
I have to think that many of the same guys who are posturing and profiling about reducing government were 100% behind Medicare Part D and the invasion of Iraq - which (obviously?) was a significant increase in the role of government in the sense of increased expenditure.
--
Pete Cresswell

On 8/27/2013 5:47 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

Yes, you're correct!
Every capitalist knows that s/he must do whatever it takes to boost the stock price.
One of the gentle readers on this list will likely remember who said this. But during the early days of the health cared deform debate (no, I didn't mean "reform") someone was parading around the uninsured people who were inconvenienced in this or that way. And someone said and I paraphrase "the more people the companies reject, the more money they can make".
Nothing like throwing old folks off the cliff to increase profits. I guess if the companies killed every person in the US, they would be totally wealthy?
On 8/28/2013 4:30 AM, 1+1=3 wrote:

On 8/28/2013 7:26 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

Yes, but only after the old farts have prepaid their policy premium for the year.
Preventative medicine is where we need to be.
Euthanasia is actually one of the cheapest and most effective medical treatments and has very few side effects.
It should be mandatory for anyone over 62.
On 8/29/2013 4:54 AM, 1+1=3 wrote:

Why wait so long? I think your age is just about right.
On 8/29/2013 6:10 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Perhaps abortion would have been justified in his/her/its case? ^_^
TDD
If anesthesia is performed by anesthetist, would you need a euthanist?
On 8/29/2013 4:54 AM, 1+1=3 wrote:

This guy did not wait. He checked out at 60. Sad, really, I'll be 68 in a couple of weeks and the past couple of years have been the best of my life and I'm hoping for many more.
http://martinmanley.org/index2.html
A warning, this is a website of a man that arranged for it to go live after his planned suicide. However, this is not someone who was depressed, despairing or suicidal in the normal sense. This is someone who planned his own death for fourteen months and left everything in complete order, right down to the place of his death and who would find him.
On 8/29/2013 6:37 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

The old man looked at his wife and said, "This is all your fault. If it weren't for your bran muffins, I could have been here 10 years ago!"

Nonsense. It's not the Rs who are talking about seizing your 401K.