GE Profile washing machine model WPRB8050

The wiring diagram 175D2750G228 for GE Profile washing machine model WPRB8050 is wrong. The contacts for the water level switch WH12X10227 are shown as normally open when they should be closed.

I would like to invite the following to respond in their defense:

  1. GE tech support for refusing to answer my question regarding this inconsistency because I did not have an account with them. They have wasted several hours of my time researching this inconsistency on my own when it was their error for which they are responsible for.
  2. The engineer who approved the wiring diagram. Unless he can prove otherwise he seems to be an idiot.
Reply to
Molly Brown

Nice try, but I doubt they're reading this newsgroup - or would respond if they were.

P.S. What would it have taken to open an account with them so you could get "satisfaction".

Reply to
DerbyDad03

The switch would be OPEN until washer is filled with amount of water chosen. Then it closes and starts the cycle. WW

Reply to
WW

Ours is a 'changeoveer' contact. Until the washer fill with water (The level being set by the water level switch) power is not switched from the water filling circuts to the drive motor circuit. The input wire the switch is marked V, the wire to the pump circuit is marked P and noted 'empty', the wire to the motor circuits is T and noted 'full'.t

Reply to
terry

When you read (better yet, "understand") the diagram you'll probably see that the switch position is a function of the amount water in the tub. Makes sense doesn't it---don't want the machine working until the tub is at the desired water level. Even if there is an error on the schematic (happens all the time-drawings are revised many times to correct for changes, errors etc.) I don't see how that makes the engineer an idiot---look in the mirror if you want to see one. MLD

Reply to
MLD