GE front load washer thumping during spin cycle

My GE front load washer started thumping loudly after a did a large load in it. I stopped it and manual turned the basket with my hand slowly and can hear the basket hitting the drum at one specific part in the cycle. I cannot feel anything in between the basket and the drum when I place my hand in the drum drain, but i think it is rubbing towards the back where i cannot reach. Also, when I shake the drum I don't hear anything rattleing inside. Any ideas as to what I need to check. Is this the drum bearing and is it worth having fixed?
-------------------------------------
Add pictures here
✖
On 1/1/2011 3:42 PM, madncarl wrote:

Happens all the time with my old machine if load is not balanced. Redistributing wet clothes should solve problem.
Add pictures here
✖
responding to http://www.homeownershub.com/maintenance/GE-front-load-washer-thumping-during-spin-cycle-612478-.htm madncarl wrote: I completely emptied the washer and slowly spun it with my hand and it is hitting on something. -------------------------------------
Add pictures here
✖
On Jan 1, 4:49 pm, sarlchafer_at_yahoo_dot snipped-for-privacy@foo.com (madncarl) wrote:

Is perforated tub canted to one side? It can be pulled over to straighten. Otherwise, I don't know what problem is.
Add pictures here
✖
responding to http://www.homeownershub.com/maintenance/GE-front-load-washer-thumping-during-spin-cycle-612478-.htm madncarl wrote:
Frank wrote:

------------------------------------- Nope, it is pretty centered and I have shaked it and moved it around. Thank you for replying.
Add pictures here
✖
On Jan 2, 5:44 am, sarlchafer_at_yahoo_dot snipped-for-privacy@foo.com (madncarl) wrote:

Put a good level across the cabinet, and adjust the feet to get it level side to side. Then lift on the backside of the washer and gently drop it back down on its rear feet. HTH.
Add pictures here
✖