GE Fridge problem

We have a four year old GE refridgerator wit a problem. There are three lightbulbs inside the box, two in the fridge, one in the freezer.
The top light in the fridge and the light in the freezer do not work, the bottom light bulb in the fridge works. Replacing the bulbs does not fix the problem. I am guessing there is a circuit problem somewhare.
Any ideas?
Thanx in advance.
Frank from Deeeetroit

Can I assume you checked to see that the new bulbs were not defective too?
Do you have a tester or meter of some sort to check the circuit? If one bulb is working and the other is not, the switch is probably OK, but there may be a loose or broken wire at the fixture itself.
Yes, I checked the bulbs and the bulbs work in a desk lamp. Switch works, as the second light inside the fridge works. Will check things out with my circuit tester.
thanx

Frank from Deeetroit wrote:

Hi,
Sometimes the solder blob on the end of the bulb is small and it will not "home" in the socket. Might want to try a different bulb or a different manufactures bulb before tearing too deep into the refrigerator itself.
On 5 Feb 2006 06:27:56 -0800, "Appliance Repair Aid"

O raise the metal tab on the bottom of the socket if there is one.