GE "BAD LINE" Error Message

As my wife was preparing dinner a short while ago, she encountered a loud beep and a scrolling "BAD LINE" message on our new GE electric stove. According to the GE web site (their Answer Center is not open), the problem is caused by faulty wiring. The outlet is the same one we use for the prior stove, and this stove has worked well for several months.
Resetting the breaker cleared the problem, but now I'm wondering if something else could be wrong. If there is a problem with this stove, I'd like to learn about it before the warranty period expires. I already have a bad taste in my mouth because of the GE dishwasher we bought at the same time. The way they save energy is they don't wash the dishes. That's another story.
Any thoughts?
mcp6453 wrote:

It could be a problem with the stove, but it could also be an indication of an electrical problem such as a loose connection which could be anywhere between the power terminals in the stove where the stove cord connects, the receptacle, on back to the breaker in the panel. If it were my stove, the first thing I would do is turn off the breaker and tighten all of those connections and note if any were loose and/or showed discoloration from heating.
mcp6453 wrote:

It could lots of things. It could even be your power company dropped a leg temporarily.
When (if) it happens again, measure the voltage at the outlet. That might provide a clue.
As for the dishwasher, turn the "Power Saver" switch to off.
On 12/24/2010 3:10 PM, mcp6453 wrote:

It could have been a glitch in your incoming power if all electrical connections are good. The problem with all these newfangled computer controlled appliances is the same problem that a computer could have because of dirty power. I'm talking about voltage spikes, surges and blinks. I know a fellow who had a problem with a microprocessor controlled cloths dryer because of a voltage sag every time a pump motor kicked on. If you keep having problems after eliminating bad electrical connections as a cause, you may ask your power company if they could/would setup a power monitor for you. The electrical power disruption could come from a transformer blocks away from your home.
TDD
replying to mcp6453, kimberley ward wrote:

beep
this
save
my ge range did the same tonight while cooking dinner... less than 1 year old....reset the breaker fixed it but still worries me...
kimberley ward wrote:

Maybe you had a power bump or vorwn outs being in dinner time(peak demand period)
kimberley ward posted for all of us...

There was probably some kind of power blip the stove registered. Maybe the heat or some other large was cycling at the time. It would probably take a long and arduous investigation to find out. GE may have set point or s/w fault set too low. I don't think they would admit to it. Call them anyway. Isn't the thought of Internet connect appliances appealing? They are monitoring your stove and get a fault-but do nothing about it. HA.
--
Tekkie