Gassy faucet

I have a Moen kitchen faucet with two handles and a common spout. When I turn on either side, hot or cold, after an extended period of non-use, I get a small, sudden rush of air out the spout. Lasts just about a second, then runs normally until the next time. Any ideas, anyone?
Does it smell slightly like sulfer?
No, no smell.

During long periods of inactivity, like vacations, hydrogen sulfide gas can build up inside a water heater.

Bob wrote:

does this sulfide have a smell? even though he says he can't smell anything..it couild be
just souinds like a leaky downstairs faucet pulling air into the leaky upstairs faucet
The hydrogen solfide will smell, but it might be just barely noticeable. We have this problem, and can only smell it if you try to smell it (nose close to faucet, etc). This is more likely on a well than on city water.
-Kevin
If you have that problem, don't light a match.