Gasoline Smell

Hi,
My wife spilled gasoline on the carpet. Anyone have any ideas how to get rid of the smell? I've tried steam cleaning it and baking soda, neither have cut the smell any.
Pick
get rid of the wife! what the heck was she doing with gasoline on or near the carpet?
Is there a Stanley Steamer in your area? Call them. They might give you some hints short of needing to have them out to do a professional cleaning job. If you still want to do something more yourself, try something with some grease-cutting power like Dawn dish soap. Gas is a petroleum product that does have some oily characteristics that may need something more than steam or baking soda to cut thru.

get

Google.com is our friend!
I did a google search on the quoted phrase, "gasoline on carpet" and got this:
http://cleaning.lifetips.com/faq.asp?SiteID &QuestionIDB621&type=0
Good luck.
Pick writes:

Bake it under lamps and ventilate for a few days. It will volatilize.

get
Call up Jaswinder and have him drive your 'flying carpet' around til it runs out of gas <G>
Sorry, couldnt resist
If it is not stained, leave it alone. The "cure" might be worse than the problem. In a week or so the smell will go away. Some of these remedies may put a spot on the carpet that is forever