Gasoline powered tools?

OK, this is a silly question but . . . I've only seen electric powered tools up close. I have been tempted to buy gasoline powered tools but I have always wondered -- how to do you get and store the gasoline for them?

Reply to
Inquiringmind

You get it at the gas station and you store it in a gas can. You must be from New York City.

Reply to
gfretwell

you get a little plastic gas can from almost any department store auto section , or hardware store.

fill it at your local gas station.

If it needs two-stroke then you have to add the right amount of two-stroke oil to the gas can.

storing it safely might be a problem if you live in an apartment. Mine is stored in an outside shed with the tools that use it .

Reply to
marks542004

I used to have several gasoline powered tools (when I had a big lot which included a storage shed separated from my house). Now, I am in the situation where integral garage storage is all that is available and that's not a good place for gasoline, propane tanks, and other accelerants/explosives.

Storage of accelerants/explosives is a serious issue that many have ignored and have been subsequently toasted. Or, they survived and found that insurance did not apply due to mal-storage issues!

Reply to
Charles Schuler

The thing about the small fuel cans (5 gal or smaller) is that they always seem to leak a little, which is annoying. You get fuel on your hands which also sucks. The way they can fly around in the back of the pickup or car is a bit dicey too. The better hardware stores (Ace) will stock replacement caps and gaskets so replace them if they leak. I also use ratcheting load bars to secure mine.

Some folk have a larger tank in a pickup truck with either a 12v or manual pump. You see them all the time. Some are as small as 20 gallons. I hate hauling diesel back and forth and have seriously considered one of these larger tanks. The problem is that I have two pickups and don't always use the same truck to transport fuel.

Reply to
Lawrence

Not a silly question at all. Pity it has received some silly answers. These two links should get you started on the basics:

Cheers

Reply to
Carpenter

Thanks very much!

Reply to
Inquiringmind

You are quite welcome. Have fun with your gas powered tools.

Reply to
Carpenter