Gas off subject

I was just watching the national news. They are reporting due to extremely pleasant weather conditions in some Midwestern states, they forecast a 20% increase in gas and diesel prices, the West and East coast should see a 30% increase.
My monthly budget bill went from $80 a month to $190 in July. Thats more than 100%. Thats even before Katrina happened. So what happened before Katrina to cause them to hike prices?
I suspect the so called peaker plants have increased natural gas demand so much that demand outstrips supply. THis is what we get for not adding to our base electrical supply capacity.

Jmagerl wrote:

Actually, a prime mover in that was also the emphasis against coal in an Administration which shall remain unamed...

On Mon, 26 Sep 2005 02:40:18 +0000, Oscar_Lives wrote:

Get ready for the reprise! It's a damned good thing Rosalind didn't have any such delsuions of grandeur!
--
Keith

Actually many newer base load power plants use natural gas, espically in Florida, California, NY, and New England. That's why their electricity is so expensive.
"Sacramento Dave"wrote

extremely
30%
Phew, a relief from what was forecast earlier. They were saying a 71% increase for natural gas, here in the Midwest.
I told my wife, it won't be that much, and then everyone will feel "relieved", that it "only" will be raised around 40%. Looks as if I may be right, for once.

Yep, the bastards already got most folks thinking that gasoline is a bargain if the price is $2.30 a gallon.
Now they will get the sheeple to be happy that natural gas and propane are "only" 40% higher this winter.
Damn oil companies. Damn Halliburton War.