Gas Grill Side Burner - Can't Lower Flame

I've got a BBQ Grillware grill (Lowes).
The side burner can't be used for much other than boiling water because it can not be turned down low enough.
While there is some degree of control via the valve, the flame ranges from really, really high to just really high.
The regulator must be working because the 3 burners can all be set from very low to a normal high.
Is there something after the regulator that can be adjusted to reduce the amount of gas going to the side burner?
(It's not a new grill, so I can't return it.)

wierdly remove and clean burner. i knowq it sounds wierd but thats occured to one of my main burners twice and cleaning fixed it both times.

I'll clean it, but it's been this way since day one. I just never concerned myself with it too much.
It's just that last weekend I was grilling a ham steak and thought it would be nice to fry the eggs on the deck also - it was a beautiful spring morning. The ham came out great but the eggs were awful!

My bbq has the same problem, couldn't find any adjustment, so I never use the side burner.....even set on "low" it would boil bbq sauce or beans.
I just gave up using it.
a simple fix would be to throw on a chunk of steel about the size of a pan bottom to run interference with the flame and provide more "heat loss" & reduced heat transfer......though it would turn your gas burner performance into something like an electric stove
a more complicated fix (may or may not work) try a smaller orifice?
cheers Bob

Side burners all seem to be on the high side compared to the simmer of an indoor gas range. I think it is a guard against having to blow out in the wind. Put a spacer to raise the pan and you'll lose some of the heat around the sides.

In general, I agree, but I don't think that is the case with my grill. I've had (and used) many grills that had a side burner that was usable for something other than bringing a 55 gallon drum of ice water to a full boil in under 10 minutes.
Obviously, I jest, but I think you get my point. This side burner burns way higher than any I have seen. Big yellow tipped flames that reach up around the sides of a medium size pot. In addition, it blackens the bottom of all pots, so I'm pretty sure there is a problem with the burner.
****************************************************** It is running too rich. There should be, on the gas tube, a screen with a cover that can be adjusted to get rid of the yellow and turn it blue. It is also possible it has the wrong orifice in there too. Natural Gas has larger holes than propane. Could have been a mix-up along the way.