Gas Furnance Problems

pilot
fine
blower
pilot and

cooling
the
For sure my ass...
I will do that, BTW, it is a new one from last year. Would they go bad in a season? And if the thermocouple is bad would it not allow the pilot light to start right? Not second guessing your idea, just trying to make sure I state the facts and understand the componets correctly... J
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

On Mon, 01 Oct 2007 23:08:34 +0000, staselwood via HomeKB.com wrote:

Makes sure the thermocouple is in a good portion of the flame. Take a wrench and give the nut at the end of the thermocouple line to the gas vale a little bump towards more tight.

On Mon, 01 Oct 2007 05:20:03 -0700, " snipped-for-privacy@aol.com"

Nah. The OP doesn't seem to complain about freezing in the dark in spite of the short furnace cycles. To me that sounds like the house needed only a little make up heat to bring it up to the set temperature. That is the furnace is operating normally. Else the house is leaking heat fast enough to need make up heat often.

This is a common method of running furnaces with thermostats. Many thermostats (e.g. all that I have every owned) have some sort of anticipatory or "pre-act" control which shuts off the furnace before the room has reached the setpoint temperature. The "pre-act" feature reduces temperature overshoot. Temperature overshoot is regarded as undesirable by most folks.
The pre-act in simple thermostats is activated by a little electric heater close to the temperature sensor in the thermostat.
Your thermostat might have a pre-act control which you could adjust. However, if the thermostat ultimately allows the furnace to heat your greenhouse to whatever temperature you selected, you really don't have to fool around with anything.
My old fashioned mechanical thermostats all had adjustable pre-acts. My current, fancy electronic model does not but really needs it.
-J
Thanks Jason, Would this "pre-act" feature turn off the pilot light as well? I understand the concept you are stating about overshoot, but this is killing all the gas. Not just the burners. So after this I have to relight the pilotlight.
Maybe I should note that i did replace the thermocouple and gas valve last year.
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

The term he's seeking is "heat anticipator". No, that should not shut off the pilot. Makes me wonder if you have some air in the line, or some other problem with the gas supply?
--
.
Christopher A. Young
Stormin Mormon wrote:

Hell NO
Just another DIY guy that doesn't know his head from a hole in the ground.

Maybe when you sober up you'll come back and read your own posts. Pretty silly there drunken, dancing, monkey boi. I post and you dance. *It never fails*.
--
---
there should be a "sig" here

I know you are but what am I?
Maybe when you sober up you'll come back and read your own posts. Pretty silly there drunken, dancing, monkey boi. I post and you dance. *It never fails*.
--
---
there should be a "sig" here
You're a waste of space.

I know you are but what am I?
Maybe when you sober up you'll come back and read your own posts. Pretty silly there drunken, dancing, monkey boi. I post and you dance. *It never fails*.
--
---
there should be a "sig" here

As usual, nothing new. Just a boring little troll.

never
I know you are but what am I?
Maybe when you sober up you'll come back and read your own posts. Pretty silly there drunken, dancing, monkey boi. I post and you dance. *It never fails*.
--
---
there should be a "sig" here

Pretty
Here's my little pet. Do you need some water?

never
I know you are but what am I?
Maybe when you sober up you'll come back and read your own posts. Pretty silly there drunken, dancing, monkey boi. I post and you dance. *It never fails*.
--
---
there should be a "sig" here
How's the air flow? If the filter is clogged, or if the vents are closed, it may very well be shutting off, with the high temp safety.
--
.
Christopher A. Young