Gas Cans

Page 1 of 2
I can't believe the prices for gas-cans on Ebay most of 5-gallon cans are up to$50.00 plus shipping a piece of plastic to cost that much

People can ask what they want, doesn't mean anybody is buying them, especially given that shipping will take a few days (or more, if the seller's a crook and waits for the supply to stabilize before sending).
Oh, well. I had a couple vintage metal gas cans, I found on the curb. A couple years ago, I gave them to a friend who has a repair garage. I'll suggest he ebay them off.
Note, it's not legal to send through the US mail anything that has held gasoline, ever. I got my shipment refused, when I tried to mail a carburetor that hadn't had gasoline in it, in several years.
I can't believe the prices for gas-cans on Ebay most of 5-gallon cans are up to$50.00 plus shipping a piece of plastic to cost that much

On Sun, 11 Nov 2012 17:59:34 -0500, "Stormin Mormon"

I've sent and received several carburetors via priority mail. Maybe you answered the question wrong when they asked what was in teh box....
Honesty is seldom wrong.
I've sent and received several carburetors via priority mail. Maybe you answered the question wrong when they asked what was in teh box....
Many questions have more then one correct answer.
On Mon, 12 Nov 2012 05:37:42 -0500, "Stormin Mormon"

Just about everything on ebay is overpriced these days. I quit using ebay at least 5 years ago.

Check the prices on the old "schick"razors?
--
I wonder:

Do Europeans, outside Southeast Europe, know the meaning of aman?

Maybe there are cheaper also?
Once they had a Kodak digital camera at an odd-lots store (Ollies) for 50 dollars, reconditioned. I checked what the price on line was and found new ones for as low as 70, or maybe 50, and reconditioned ones for as much as 150. Very same model and color and accesories.
On 11/11/2012 3:36 PM, Diamond wrote:

They may be reflecting the fact that a major gas can maker in NE Oklahoma just went out of business. They were supposedly making a large percentage of the gas cans in the US.
Bill

I was reading cans today. Kmart has Illinois made units. I bought one blue water container, haha. I'm going to fill with kerosene. Walmart does not have water or kerosene cans. I saw a yellow diesel can in kmart.
Greg

My blue kerosene can, which my supermarket gas station gave me for free one day, because I needed water for my car. Customer appreciation write off. They let me fill it with water. After putting kerosene in it, I found the o ring broke in the cap. Now when I pour, it comes out the cap and nozzle. Stuff all over the place, and the nozzles screwed up too. The blue water container, will serve me and my hand pump well. Why are water cans also blue?
Greg

I did a quick internet search of some stores around here (middle of NC) and they are about $ 17 to $ 20 for a 5 gallon plastic can. That is still way too much for a gob of plastic. I forgot exectally what I payed for a one gallon can at the start of the summer, but think it was over $ 10. I went to several stores during some shopping as I could not believe the price at the first store.
Maybe it has to do with getting the things certified for some kind of government regulations on not emitting any vapors or some such foolishness. All I know is I spill a lot of gas out of that new type spout while trying to fill up my weedeater.
On Mon, 12 Nov 2012 11:26:59 -0500, Ralph Mowery wrote:

Same out here in Silicon Valley for the ubiquitous CARB-approved Blitz five-gallon gas cans.
All of a sudden, the price seems to have jumped five bucks!
BTW, I HATE the nozzles on these new fangled five-gallon gas cans. You can't pour five gallons into a vehicle anyway (too high up), so, I siphon into a car.
Since I never use the nozzle that comes with the gas can, I wonder if you guys know of a CAP that I can use to replace the nozzle.
Any ideas where to find a replacement cap for my five-gallon Blitz plastic gasoline cans?

There are some interisting vidios on youtube about the gas cans. Start looking here.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lcnwdIYEfI&feature=related

On Mon, 12 Nov 2012 13:10:28 -0500, Ralph Mowery replied:

The guy is right. The 5-gallon Blitz gas cans are unusable!
No wonder they file for bankruptcy today! http://www.blitzusa.com/chapter11filings.html
On Mon, 12 Nov 2012 19:59:12 +0000 (UTC), "Ann R."

They are bankrupt because they got sued into bankruptcy. Some moron was pouring gasoline on a fire out of a 5 gallon can, it went up and he sued Blitz.
On Mon, 12 Nov 2012 18:54:30 -0500, gfretwell wrote:

Why should we then have to pay for that moron to become fabulously wealthy, if a bit disfigured?
According to Constitutional Conservatives, we should not. According to America and business hating liberals, any chance to sue the rich white evil capitalists is a victory for the proletariat.
On Mon, 12 Nov 2012 18:54:30 -0500, gfretwell wrote:

Why should we then have to pay for that moron to become fabulously wealthy, if a bit disfigured?

A great fire starter is diesel fuel and dryer lint. A little dab of diesel will do it, slow hot burning and no flash fire.