Aerosol cans?

Following the recent thread here about aerosol cans.....

The Medway Handyman

I wonder if they'll be any cheaper? More to do with profits I expect.

Reply to
harry

Hmm, however would it not be better to let the user pump up the spray and then it only uses air.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Fairly recently Kleenex damned near halved the size of one of their tissue boxes. With the proud claim that the contents were unchanged.

I guess they must mean they are unchanged since the last pre-box-shrinking reduction in contents!

And if it is such a wonderful thing for them to have reduced the packaging, why on earth didn't they do it many years ago?

Reply to
polygonum

Looking at their figures, if 80% of the UK and Ireland prefer aerosol deodorant and there are 19 million cans of deodorant for women sold - that's less than one per year for each woman. Seems surprisingly low...

Reply to
docholliday93

I was searching around for info on PET preforms before Christmas, and came across this site, so it seems there is at least some sort of "push" to reduce the amount of flammable propellant in aerosols

Andy Burns

" ... last the same length of time as previous cans while using only 50 per cent of the propellant, ..."

How does it do that then? Higher pressure?

How are they measuring "last the same length of time"? Is that total duration of squibs or application of a given quantity of active product in a shorter squib? If the latter that ain't going to work in the real world, they'll just squib on like they always have.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

>>Fairly recently Kleenex damned near halved the size of one of their

Probably because the tissues come out of the box torn on the folds.

Reply to
Apellation Controlee

Most propellants are in liquid form in the can and they have to be compatible with the can contents. Some are flammable and some are not. The concern is with CFCs and the "hole" in the ozone layer.

Reply to
harry

Not as far as gullible consumers are concerned ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

Oh, has the time come round again for the ozone hole to be used as a stick with which to beat us?

Reply to
Terry Fields

Same with 'E numbers'. They forget that many of them are everyday stuff. Like E948.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Bought some shower gel today, first on the ingredients list was Aqua...

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

McDonalds was the first to use E-numbers:

'Old McDonald had a farm E1, E1, E10'

Reply to
PeterC

A dozen years ago my then GF was using various noxins (I hate 'pink' smells) from plastic bottles with simple, finger-operated, pump top. She gave me a few for dispensing _useful_ stuff, such as oil and WD40 mixed.

Reply to
PeterC

An awful lot of products have that stuff as the first ingredient. If they called it dihydrogen monoxide the gullible consumers would panic.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

You can buy 5litre cans of WD40 CW with a hand sprayer, much cheaper.

Reply to
harry