Garage Floor Paint (new construction)

Question: What can I paint my garage floor with that will meet the following requirements? I can have the paint in my hands within 3 days. I can apply it in a day and a half. I can walk on it within 8 hours of initial application. When I park a car on it the paint doesn't stick to the hot tires. I stay under a 300 budget.
The floor is oil stain free. The floor has some dirt on it. The garage will fit 3 cars.
Thanks
Rob
Rob W wrote:

First don't bother painting your garage floor with anything other than an epoxy garage floor paint. You will be wasting your time and money and only make it harder to do right.
Follow the instructions 100% Skipping or short changing any preparation steps (even if you think your garage floor is really clean) is just asking for trouble.
You may want to allow a little more time before walking on it, (see the directions) extra time will not hurt. The day and a half should be about right since you will be doing prep one day and allowing it to dry.
It is available many places including paint stores and DIY centers.
Finally, Follow the instructions 100% - we get a lot of people here who have problems and 89.5% of the time they did not do the prep work right. The other 10% just don't want to admit they did not follow the instructions.
--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math
I think painting the floor looks great, but after the newnest wears off there's that yearly maintenance of touching it up where the tires wore it off, due too gravel or salt.
Its like staining a deck, once you start there's no end to keeping it looking nice.
I think you are just makeing future work for yourself. Buy youself a good presure washer and just keep it clean.
Tom

tflfb wrote:

I have had mine over 4 years now, and the only maintenance I have done is to hose it off from time to time. Looks like new.

--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math
Are you referring to regular paint or epoxy coating?
CW

I epoxied my garage floor last summer. It has survived one North Dakota winter so far. Still looks like the day I put it on. Greg

I've been looking at putting epoxy down in my garage. Is this one of those things where I can do half at a time, and have it come out right?
I would need to move everything to one side of the garage, epoxy the empty side, and then do the other side after the first cures.
-David
@pdx.edu said...

Why not empty the garage and do it all at once? It will give you a chance to get rid of a lot of crap while you're at it.

off
it
It can be done, but keep in mind that once you mix the epoxy you either roll it on the floor, or throw it away! I was fortunate to be able to get a large enclosed trailer to store all my WW tools and stuff. Really best to find a way to do it all at once. Greg
you have to wash it and acid etch it first but Any good poly floor paint from a top manufacturer or HC oil stain should be fine. Ive had good long term results with HC fron Sherwin Williams.
So let's say I'm going to have a new metal garage built, do I need to etch fresh concrete and if I do would it be easier to do after the slab is done but before the put up the garage? I'd hate to get overcome with fumes in a big old garage with nobody around to help.
dino wrote:

I would use the acid after all the work on the garage is done and the concrete has cured well. Personally I suggest waiting a few months before painting a new floor. At least wait a few weeks.
--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math
I would tile it instead of using paint. I did my last garage with vinyl composite tile. It came out great. The house I'm in now came with a tiled garage. It's really old peel and stick stuff and it still looks good.