Garage Door Opener with "Security+" remotes

I just purchased a Sears garage door opener to replace an 8 year old Liftmaster opener. I'm unable to get my old Liftmaster Security+ remote controls to work with the new Sears Security+ garage door opener system. My understanding was that all Security+ remote controls would work with any brand. Is this not true?

Thanks.

-Greg

Reply to
gcricker

Your new opener is likely on a different frequency. I believe the frequency is on the back of the remote. I have had the same experience with new openers on my rental properties.

JK

Reply to
Big_Jake

Your new system may be running on a 315 MHz frequency, which your older remote may not be designed to use, more likely using a 390 MHz frequency. You could just order more of the new remotes online: garagedoors.net was good about answering some questions I had.

Reply to
KLS

It it is a rolling code and works anything like Homelink in my new cars, following instructions in manual did not work. After following instructions I had to repeat last step several times and hold it down instead of just pressing and releasing to get it to work.

Reply to
Art

I would agree, the frequencies are probably different. New military radios blocked the 390 freq in many areas so they went to the 315 freq to avoid them. It's very easy to tell. If the old opener has a gray antenna wire on the motor head it is 390 & if the new opener has a purple antenna wire it's 315. No they do work w/ each other. If both of the antena wires are the same color then they should work. Both brands are made by the same company.

DoorDoc www.Acti> > >I just purchased a Searsgaragedooropenerto replace an 8 year old

Reply to
doordoc