gap behind electric range

I recently replaced my 27" drop-in electric range. The old range had the controls in the back, whereas the new range has the controls in the front. So now there is a 2 inch gap behind the range where the control panel used to be. Moreover, the sides of the counter backsplash facing the cutout are exposed now, showing some particle board.
Any suggestions on how to fix this issue? I was thinking of getting a 27" wide backsplash to fill in the gap. But there's the issue of matching the color of the laminate and the curve of the backsplash.
--
Disclaimer: This post is solely an individual opinion and does not speak on
behalf of any organization.

on

on
Check with your dealer to see if there isn't a separate back splash filler available for your new stove model. Used to be that this was an optional piece that you could buy when replacing a range that had the backsplash with one that didn't. It was usually made of a color to match the range, SS, or black.

I had a similar problem when my new over-the-range microwave was shorter than the old one. I made an oak trim piece that matches the cabinets. It actually looks good.