GAF roofing question

I just had a new roof put on with GAF asphalt shingles. For the ridge caps, the roofers used a high profile shingle that is folded under at one edge, giving it a thicker appearance. I was told that this give the appearance more like wood shingles, and this was a more high end treatment. All the rest of the homes in my neighbhorhood that have new roofs have ridgecaps that lay very flush to the surface, and this looks tighter and more refined to me. Can anyone comment on these two types of treatments? I was thinking that the product on my roof, because it is thcker, will warp or turn up on an edge more easily. I have never seen this type of product before.

Don't want to sound like I'm flaming you. However, did you not ask to see some of the contractors projects with this type of hip & ridge? If you liked your neighbors so well, why didn't you ask what brand & they put on? If you've never seen this type product, why in the world would you sign a contract to have it installed on _your_ home?
http://products.construction.com/manufacturer/gaf-materials-corporation-nst1772/products/gaf-ridge-cap-shingles---pacificridge-nst4891-p
I don't think that the contract covered the exact ridge cap product. And even if it had, it would be hard to know what the product looked like just from the item number or description. I have never had a roof put on before. I didn't know the questions to ask. Who knew that what went on my roof was at the end of the bell curve, not in the middle like every other roof in my neighborhood.
So, if anyone can read my OP and has an answer instead of a flame, please post.

You didn't know what questions to ask. Now you ask questions after the fact, and expect not to get flamed.
Screw you, you don't have any say who can reply to your post.
Ask your contractor instead of asking people Worldwide.
Well, Flaming Katol, it seems like you are a full time flamer. Go join your friends who picket military funerals. I have a roof to tend to.

Are you sure you don't have a ridge vent????
Here is a picture of it. The lower edge of each shingle is folded under to give it a thicker appearance.
http://yfrog.com/elimage0062j