Freezer temperature alarm

Can anyone recommend a good add-on freezer temperature alarm? I've got a small chest freezer in the garage that's a year old and I have a lot of food in it, so i would like to know if the thing quits for some reason. Thanks Eric

Reply to
Eric

Is google broken again !

Reply to
m Ransley

Subject: Freezer temperature alarm Newsgroup: alt.home.repair => Eric Can anyone recommend a good add-on freezer temperature alarm?

Have you a home security system? I know of some good ones that can be added to one.

Reply to
G. Morgan

One way to do it is with a home weather station. I have our freezer as one of the stations on the weather station. I don't have an alarm turned on, but I can if I want. My weather station (Oregon Scientific from Costco) transmits to the Internet from the base console which is hooked to the computer via a serial cable. With this setup I can monitor my freezer temperature from anywhere in the world. Not that I really need to. :-)

Dick

Reply to
Dick

$10.00

Reply to
Travis Jordan

Why do you want to freeze small chests?

Reply to
Oscar_Lives

"Eric" wrote

Freezers are trained to quit right after the family leaves for vacation.

Reply to
Ed

Interesting. I would like to monitor environmental features (temperature, wetness, etc.) remotely, in a commercial building that I own. Let's say there is an always-on DSL internet resource in the building. There is one static IP address associated with the internet subscriber's DSL modem. A firewall router follows next, and links LAN computers to the internet. That firewall normally blocks outside folks (like me) that might try to access a wetness sensor attached to the LAN.

There is generally one port on the router that can be configured to operate without firewall protection. I could put my sensor on that ("DMZ" i.e., DeMilitarized Zone) port.

How does your weather station connect to the internet?

Reply to
John B

Subject: Re: Freezer temperature alarm Newsgroup: alt.home.repair => John B

You might also want to ask in comp.home.automation

Reply to
G. Morgan