Free appliance delivery and haul away.

Some contractors working for Home Depot may be giving free appliance delivery. If you call Home Depot they may quote you about $79.00 for delivery and free haul away service for your old appliance but when you go there and offer to buy an appliance from them they may offer free delivery. Now the people who make the delivery are independent contractors so when they come over they are going to be looking for problems to point out to make money so be warned. It’s like the automobile service places that give free inspections. They are going to try to find problems to fix to recoup their time spent. I have not personally confirmed the validity of this offer so it’s up to you to verify. As far as I know it is just a rumor right now.
Add pictures here
βœ–

Free Delivery, Free Haul Away, Installation may not be free.
Jimmie
Add pictures here
βœ–
Is that all you ever do is bitch?
On Sat, 4 Apr 2009 12:54:26 -0700 (PDT), Molly Brown

Add pictures here
βœ–

Do you mean problems like walking up 4 stories that you "forgot" to tell them about, or taking off a few doors and railings because the entrance is to small. I havnt had an issue, its all clear if you ask.
Add pictures here
βœ–
Some contractors working for Home Depot may be giving free appliance delivery. If you call Home Depot they may quote you about $79.00 for delivery and free haul away service for your old appliance but when you go there and offer to buy an appliance from them they may offer free delivery. Now the people who make the delivery are independent contractors so when they come over they are going to be looking for problems to point out to make money so be warned.
****************************************************************** Nothing is free. Somewhere it is built into the price. You usually get better service from a local appliance store than the big box stores. The small store now belong to co-ops and can sell at very competitive prices. Shop around and compare the total delivered cost.
Add pictures here
βœ–
Why do you repeatedly post things that have no merit? It's a rumor according to yourself.

Then why are you posting it? It's useless.

It's up to me to verify? Why would I waste time looking into something you made up out of boredom?
How bout this. You hear a rumor. You go verify it before posting stuff. Cite your support.

Then why are you posting it? It's useless.

It's up to me to verify? Why would I waste time looking into something you made up out of boredom?
How bout this. You hear a rumor. You go verify it before posting stuff. Cite your support. Here's how you do it:
Rumor: Molly Brown is full of shit. Investigation: Search NG for historic posts by Molly Brown. Findings: Repeated posts of fabricated statements. Cite: Newsgroup posting in alt.home.repair by Molly Brown. Action: Plonk!
Add pictures here
βœ–

Let's even assume it's true. So, HD is offering free appliance delivery and haul away of the old unit. So what? Regardless of whether they offer it free or charge $100, HD is likely paying any delivery people the same amount anyway. So, to the persons actually showing up, I doubt there is any more or less incentive for them to try to hose anyone. And as Ransley said, what "problems" can they find with a delivery and haul away to hose you with? Door openings too small?
Add pictures here
βœ–