Frameless Shower Glass - to miter or not to miter

Hi,
I have two competing contractors to install shower glass. One suggest mitering the corner where two panels of glass meet at the 90 degree angle. The other says that it's not a good idea because it won't look good.
What do you think?
Thanks!
Aaron
Aaron Fude wrote:

look?
--
"You can lead them to LINUX
but you can\'t make them THINK"

Why do you think not? (I have not seen a sample, but I don't find butt angles particularly nice.)
Aaron Fude wrote:

I'd like to see how it looked, a sample would be nice. Doesnt seem like it would be a big deal to have him make up a sample. Wondering how strong a joint it would be, probably the same. Guess I'm just use to seeing a butt joint in this application. How much more for the miter?
--
"You can lead them to LINUX
but you can\'t make them THINK"

Better than a sample, ask to check out a completed job in person. Small samples can lie, full jobs don't.

Why do you think not? (I have not seen a sample, but I don't find butt angles particularly nice.)
--
the miter will be a lot weaker. furthermore, these will have to be tempered.
chipping the edge of a tempered sheet of glass will produce a couple of

Uhhhh...... They bevel them or mitre them and _then_ temper.

duh. where did i specify the sequence of operations?
however, the thin mitered edge will make a chip much more likely, causing the glass to explosively deconstruct more likely.

If either of them chips they 'splodes. Don't bang it with anything harder than a plastic shampoo bottle and it'll be fine.
Aaron Fude wrote:

or break with ease if it was bumped.
Norminn wrote:

For terminal klutzes like me, frameless glass shower stalls (or even doors) are out of the question, period. I realize the tempered glass makes gravel, not knives, when you break it. But those panels cost a fortune to replace, and take weeks to get installed. I don't want the glass to be a structural element, I just want it to ride in its nice shock-absorbing gasket, repelling water.
-- aem sends...