fountain for shallow pond

Jim:
JW> I'm looking for a fountain to keep the water moving in my pond, which can JW> stagnate if there is no wind. Anyone have suggestions for where to look? Around here Lowe's, Menard's and the 'neighbourhood hardware stores' sell pumps and accessories for backyard decorative ponds. Generally rated in GPM (gallons per minute) -- sounds like you need a fairly large capacity.
You also need to consider the height you will be pushing the water up the fountain. Some of the pumps have a chart on the box with this information.
You may not need a sprayer head for the fountain unless you're interested in a pattern: a secured hose pointing straight up will work.
If you will be removing the pump over the winter keep the pump stored in water. They don't say so in the instructions but ruined a couple of pumps by storing dry. Work fine inth e rping if stored underwater.
- barry.martinATthesafebbs.zeppole.com
* Why do we say "bye bye" but not "hi hi"?
--
RoseReader 2.52 P003186
The Safe BBS Bettendorf, IA 563-359-1971