clogged Sunroc water fountain

I'm trying to fix a SunRoc water cooler/fountain that cools fine but not much water comes out. Model NSW-8. I got the exploded view from the SunRoc site,

Mine has the button on the bubbler instead of separately. After dissassembling it, it seems like the screen may be clogged (There are green deposits on the side of the screen, none in the middle though on the side I can look at.)

Is it possible to remove the bubbler from the stainless steel top plate? The "nut" underneath is not a hex nut. It's some wierd shape, and I don't know of a wrench that would fit it well.

Would removing the bubbler enable my friend and me to find and clean the input screen?. Or replace it? (although It's not listed as a part on the SunRoc site, however, afaict so far. On one of the PDF files, the whole bubbler is listed and it is is $126.79! That includes all the valve parts of course.)

Meirman

If emailing, please let me know whether or not you are posting the same letter. Change domain to erols.com, if necessary.

Reply to
meirman

A friend suggests some chemical could clean the screen, so we wouldn't have to take anything more apart.

What would remove the water deposits from what I think is a copper screen? Vinegar?

Something I can buy at a retail store, and don't have to go to a chemical supply company. (Although there is a janitorial supply company I deal with sometimes that has lots of interesting chemicals.)

The deposits are blue-green. This is the water fountain/cooler below which barely lets out any water.

In alt.home.repair on Wed, 05 Jan 2005 09:26:42 -0500 meirman posted:

Meirman

If emailing, please let me know whether or not you are posting the same letter. Change domain to erols.com, if necessary.

Reply to
meirman

wouldn't

[cut whining ... ]

Read the manual, contact the manufacturer, or a plumber, or buy Poland Springs (I happen to have a few bottles I'd let go for a reasonable price :-)

__Mark

Reply to
mark_tarka