Flour & cement powder rat poison - queries

Page 2 of 3
replying to Brooklyn1, frosty. wrote: Cause they're cats you cretin, not goldfish.
Have your hysterics in a Safe Space with the other children.
Add pictures here
βœ–
replying to Billy, CJAD wrote:

All of a sudden this becomes an argument about cats... WTF!
Add pictures here
βœ–
replying to ransley, Kevin Kirkpatrick wrote: THEY ARE SELLING IT. CEMENT...AND FLOUR....
Add pictures here
βœ–

A quick snap of the neck seems more humane to me.
Add pictures here
βœ–

I've thought about it, but the little rat keeps running away ;O)
--
- Billy
³When you give food to the poor, they call you a saint. When you ask why the
On Wed, 26 Jan 2011 15:46:39 -0800, Billy wrote:

Time to bring the cats back into the thread....
Add pictures here
βœ–
replying to jellybean stonerfish, Kevin Kirkpatrick wrote: Cats work well also as rat and mice preventers. Especially outdoor barn cats who live outside all the time
Add pictures here
βœ–

Being "humane" is the reason I will never, ever use a 'glue trap' again. One time was enough to turn my stomach.
Harry K
Add pictures here
βœ–
On 1/27/2011 9:59 AM, Harry K wrote:

You should see what a rat trap does to a mouse. The look on the face of the little mouse conveys extreme surprise and shocked disbelief after the bar crushes its little backside. The last ultrasonic squeak of WTF in mouse-speak is frozen in its tiny countenance forever or until it is consumed by other smaller vermin or it desiccates and eventually turns to dust. :-)
TDD
Add pictures here
βœ–
replying to The Daring Dufas, Sassy wrote: Lol, I can't help it but you guys have me cracking up tonight, I swear I was searching the recipe for the cement mouse bait so I can get rid of these pathetic mice that seems to be too smart for my traps and I tell you I had some stomach aching laughs tonight. Lol. I wish I could see the look on the mouse face and I hope I catch these bastards and get rid of them ASAP and hopefully they'll have the same look
Add pictures here
βœ–

Quite a lot of replies, but I am hoping someone can actually respond specifically to my queries. Where I may place a flour/cement mix, there would be no other animals, only rats or mice. Totally sealing up the roofspace 100% is not a viable option at the moment.
Add pictures here
βœ–
On Sun, 30 Jan 2011 02:53:51 -0800 (PST), Gas Bag

Why not?
Add pictures here
βœ–

What about mine..."D'CONcrete is whot make it work mon!"
Add pictures here
βœ–
replying to Gas Bag, Kevin Kirkpatrick wrote: I would out it outside around the house. They will find it I think.
Add pictures here
βœ–
replying to Gas Bag, TROUTREPUBLIC.COM wrote:

WORKS VERY VERY WELL. old farm trick to save your cats and dogs from poison. I use about 25% CEMENT OR GROUT . MICE DONT SMELL WHEN DEAD AAS THERE IS LIME IN THE CEMENT.
Add pictures here
βœ–
replying to Gas Bag, Kevin Kirkpatrick wrote: Tile grout will work too. It is very effective but I don't know how you can know where they will die. I would put out straight flour for a week the add cement. The lime in cement helps with smell somewhat . I never add anything to it as I don't want it to spoil and smell. They est it just fine as is.
Add pictures here
βœ–
replying to Gas Bag, Kevin Kirkpatrick wrote: They can smell the flour from a long ways away. You have to understand they are busy creatures and go quite a ways in search of food. I place it in dry areas under trailers, along the side of the house, in the garage and barns. Usually put out a pan of water too. They can smell that a long ways too I believe.
Add pictures here
βœ–
On 4/14/2016 1:44 PM, Kevin Kirkpatrick wrote:

Rats and mice do not have a mechanism for throwing up. I've seen them tested for poisons and stuff can be funneled down their throats but they cannot throw it up. A pet would probably throw up something bothering them.
I think rats and mice will also lick powder off their feet and DDT used to be used as a rodent poison by sprinkling their travel routes.
Add pictures here
βœ–
On Wednesday, January 26, 2011 at 4:58:22 AM UTC-8, Gas Bag wrote:

I got rid of all the mice and rats that infested this old farmstead. Kept packets of D-Con placed where pets couldn't get at them. Still keep them placed around and in the house, the engine compaartment inthe truck and in the trunk and cabin of the cars.
Nice thing about D-Con is that the victims do not smell, a minor musty/mousy odor for a day or two is all there is even if they die in the house.
Add pictures here
βœ–
replying to Gas Bag, Kevin Kirkpatrick wrote: Works extremely well. I go more flour to cement if they are reluctant to eat it. Grout works fine.
Add pictures here
βœ–