Fire Extinguishers - when need to replace?

Page 4 of 4
Ralph Mowery posted for all of us...

Paint, plastic, carpets, paper all go. Masonry block walls become unstable when exposed to fire and ff's must set up a collapse zone. Wooden trusses at the joint plates fail catastrophically. Sometimes you will see a triangle by the main door with a R or F in it showing trusses.
--
Tekkie *Please post a follow-up*

On 4/6/2015 3:58 PM, Tekkie® wrote:

Yup, that's the sad fact that most people don't realize. Despite building construction standards most materials will deteriorate when exposed to intense heat for a prolonged period of time. Having been a full time firefighter for 28 years (now retired for some years) I'm a strong believer in automatic sprinkler systems in all buildings including single family residences. The NFPA standards are there and have been for years. What needs to be done now is to convince people that it's in their best interest to have sprinklers which would prevent a hell of a lot of residential and other fire related deaths each year.
Gil
On 4/6/2015 9:30 PM, Gil wrote:

Do you wish to speak to the "flood the building" and "water damage" myths?
<hands microphone>
On 4/6/2015 10:22 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

Nah! The people who believe in that stuff have seen too many movies and don't understand how sprinklers work.

On 4/7/2015 10:27 AM, Gil wrote:

And, they don't listen to real people who really know the facts. What a shame.

I was just moving things, looking at an extinguisher. Took it out back and sprayed. Shoots out a strong stream of liquid. Not for electrical it says. I'm not going to squirt it at a grease stove fire. AB rated. No guage
Greg
On 4/6/2015 4:57 AM, gregz wrote:

AB rated is likely loaded scream. It's designed for grease stove fires. If used properly.
gregz posted for all of us...

Not now; but why not use it on a grease fire? Did you replace it? It probably adds a D raring to it now.
--
Tekkie *Please post a follow-up*