Festool Domino Joiner

I just wanted to pass on a review to any woodworkers out there. I was at a Festool tool demo last week and was really impressed with the Domino joiner. The joiner makes floating mortis and tenon joints very easy. It is a little expesive but I think it was well worth the investment.

Actually the site I ordered it from sent me a 10% coupon for my next order. Let me know if it works for anyone else.

coupon code CAP909

Good luck.

Reply to
Quagmire

I need more than good luck! I don't know if the coupon will work for me; I placed an order and it said that they don't ship to the United States. It asked me to pick another country. Great site you found.

Reply to
Toller

I just wanted to pass on a review to any woodworkers out there. I was at a Festool tool demo last week and was really impressed with the Domino joiner. The joiner makes floating mortis and tenon joints very easy. It is a little expesive but I think it was well worth the investment.

Actually the site I ordered it from sent me a 10% coupon for my next order. Let me know if it works for anyone else.

coupon code CAP909

Good luck.

Reply to
Quagmire

I went back and added another item. Now it will ship to the US AND it gives the 10% discount! I might actually buy one; thanks.

Reply to
Toller

Quagmire wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@h2g2000hsg.googlegroups.com:

Did you see the review in Wood Magazine this month(July issue,#177)? they compared mortise and tenon,dowel,Festool Domino,Beadlock,and biscuit joints. You can probably read it on their website,too.

Jim Yanik

Interesting. It seems to be in Florida. Maybe it only ships to Cuba.

(Just kidding. I have nothing against Cubans in Florida. My mother even married one, although that was in Indiana.)

Reply to
mm

Nope, nothing there. Did they like it as much as everyone else. I bought a beadlock jig but haven't had an opportunity to even try it.

Reply to
Toller

quoted text -

I also have a beadlock unit. I think it works pretty good, but it takes a little time to get it set up, and if you don't have it clamped down real tight it has a tendancy to move around a bit.

Reply to
Quagmire