Festool Domino

I've Googled high and low but can find no detail of the WIDTH of a Festool Domino tenon.

Yes, I understand the different length

Yes, I understand the different thicknesses

But wtf is the width of the slot it cuts and the loose tenon it uses. (Yes I know it can cut three different widths but they only vary fractionally to ease alignment the fit of the joint.)

Its such a basic dimension but no where in the hundreds of pages of Festool products or in any of the reviews can I find it

Anybody know ?

Reply to
fred

Domino tenon.

know it can cut three different widths but they only vary fractionally to ease alignment the fit of the joint.)

products or in any of the reviews can I find it

4, 5, 6, 8, & 10mm

John Rumm

Domino tenon.

know it can cut three different widths but they only vary fractionally to ease alignment the fit of the joint.)

products or in any of the reviews can I find it

Well f.m.p.I knew some genius would come up with this. Those are the THICKNESSES of the tenons. If you thought I couldn't find this info on any and every Festool Domino site you must think I'm some sort of cretin.

If you re-read my enquiry toy will see I was asking the WIDTH of the tenons.

I have since found a half answer. They apparently are about 22mm wide.

Reply to
fred

Touchy some folks ;-)

Apologies - I was looking at a couple of places that listed all the dimensions, and then saw that one which seemed like a nice overview - but did not spot the lack of width.

true for some, but not all...

Try this one instead:

John Rumm

In article , John Rumm writes

Could have been the blank space you snipped, some people like their threads to look like shit.

Reply to
fred

Sorry about that. I was feeling very frustrated having trawled through endless sites extolling the virtues of this machine and not one, including Festool themselves, managed to give this most basic piece of information

Reply to
fred

Yup its odd they don't show that data often. The key seems to be you need to change the cutter to match the size of tenon in use (hence why the kits come with 5 different cutters normally - not sure what happens if you just buy the tool on its own).

Can't say I have tried, but I would expect you could make quite decent domino joints using a router and mortising jig.

Reply to
John Rumm

Yes there are endless ways of making a joint but I just fancy playing with a new tool. SWMBO has asked for two new Versaillles type planters. Being hexagonal these involve 24 in total mortice and tenons . Domino should ease this

Reply to
fred

new tool. SWMBO has asked for two new Versaillles type planters. Being hexagonal these involve 24 in total mortice and tenons . Domino should ease this

I bit the bullet and bought one. Transpires the width of the Domino tenon is

22mm plus the diameter of the bit to be used.

Why all the secrecy on this beats me

Reply to
fred