Faucet spout

I have a single lever kitchen faucet, the spout is getting difficult to move from right to left, the O rings need to be lubricated, what type of lube do I need to ask for at the big box store?
thanks tom
twfsa wrote:

If you can find food grade Lubriplate grease, this is good choice. Maybe O ring is getting too old?

Silicone grease ought to do well. It is benign to most rubber formulations. If the box store doesn't have it, get some spark plug boot release at an auto parts store which is essentially silicone grease. Make sure the o-ring contact areas are super smooth and all traces of water deposits are gone.
Joe
twfsa wrote:

http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=productDetail&productIdS861-1366-88693&lpage=none
Danco Silicon Grease

If it is a moen tap they have the lubercant in their oring kit warranty part