Exterion Paint for Clapboard--Finish? Eggshell/Satin/Semi-gloss?

I have an old farm house in Southern Vermont in need of repainting. Should the clapboard paint finish be flat/eggshell/satin/ or what?? Any advice is appreciated.
It should be exterior paint, which I thought only came in flat. I would make it as authentic and historic looking as possible, which I think would indicate a muted flat tone of color. Which sounds boring, but really, the bigger point is to paint it in such a way that people in your area would be more likely to buy it if and when you go to sell it.