Extending window sill

Hello,
I need to extend an exterior window sill and am looking for some pointers.
My current plan is to make a redwood extension of the appropriate dimensions (1/2" wide by 7/8" thick) and bevel angle (8 degrees). Then I'll use the extension as a guide to block plane the existing sill edge flat (I don't have a jointer plane). I'll attach the extension using biscuits and polyurethane glue. If there are any gaps from poor joinery, I'll fill them with an epoxy filler. Then I'll sand the face flush.
Any comments? These sills are already stepped, so I do want the extension to be flush.
Thanks, Wayne
i would sawzall the old sill right off instead of extending it, and use pocket screws and poly glue to secure the new one, forget the biscuits they are old school, and wont hold as good as screws, ss screws will be the best