Window sill

Hi I have a tiled kitchen window sill and wanted to know if u can put a UPVC window sill on top without removing the tiles. Need any suggestion on how to do this and the best material to use

Reply to
Fem DIY

As long as the tiles are secure you should be able to attach a UPVC cill. The usual thing to use is fascia boards there are two types 9mm thick boards used to simply cover existing timber fascias and 16mm thick boards used to replace timber fascias. We recently had some windows replaced two had timber cills, these were covered with 9mm fascias.

Richard

Reply to
Tricky Dicky

Well otherwise inept fitters managed it OK in my kitchen, so if they can do it anybody can!

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff