Experience with Humidex or HumiVent?

As an alternative to a basement dehumidifier, I'm considering an air evacuation unit. The two units I've found are:
HumiVent-2000 at http://www.dehumidifiers-online.com
Humidex at http://www.humidex.ca , http://www.dry-healthy-basement.com , and http://www.humidexatlantic.com
Both systems claim to reduce basement (and home) humidity by exhausting to outside the moist air collected from the basement floor. As dryer replacement airs descends from upper floors, a humidity sensor slows the exhaust fan motor. When basement humidity increases, the fan speeds up.
If you have installed one of these systems, could you please post your experience? Thanks.
-- Joel Shprentz