Expansion Joint Question

The expansion joint where the driveway meets the front of the garage has deteriorated. Both are over 35 years old.
My plan is to slightly grind down what is left of the joint then fill it. My question is, what should I use to fill the joint? There are also some gaps in the joint.
I live in Upstate N.Y. and would like to do this before the harsh weather comes in. Any advice is greatly appreciated.
Bob

Most people just use caulk. Concrete caulk. It is the approx color of concrete and is fairly durable.
Colbyt
On Sat, 11 Sep 2010 14:49:40 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (Bob) wrote:

Not sure why you would consider using a grinder? Can it be trimmed down with a utility knife? A urethane caulk would certainly seal out water, snow, etc.

I lived in the Adirondack Mountains. Roads would freeze, crack and heave in the seasons. The road crews closed the cracks with a liquid tar type substance.
Remove the existing expansion joint at least to half depth. Abrade and clean the concrete edges. Install backer rod to control caulk depth. Install Vulkem or SL1 polyurethane caulk.
--
DanG

Ditto except I'd recommend Sikaflex Self-Leveling Sealant
http://www.sikaconstruction.com/con/con-dealer/con-dealer-sealing.htm
cheers Bob