Electronic Rodent Repellers?

Page 1 of 2
Anyone have any experience (pro/con) with the ultrasonic rodent repellers which you plug-in and supposedly drive mice out of your home?
Thanks in advance for your input.
Art
Art wrote:

Yeah. A friend of mine made millions manufacturing them. They don't work.
--

dadiOH
____________________________
Art wrote:

???
I never heard of an electronic cat.
Art wrote:

Of the countless people I have come across in my business that have bought them over the years I know of no one that was satisfied they worked though on these newsgroups you will see many who say they work great. Google "FTC sonic device" and you should find their complaints against the manufacturers of the devices.
Lar
Only effective if you have electronic rodents ;^)

Computer mice ;^)

on 8/31/2007 9:55 AM Art said the following:

They don't work. I put one in my 12' x 16', 1 room pool cabana. I still caught mice in my non-lethal traps, which were also used at the same time.
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

My wife wont let me unplug ours which she bought from someone shilling it as an ant repellent. I want to unplug it because I am afraid it might be driving the dog nuts, as dogs can hear those high frequencies. They dont do crap. Maybe mine will "accidentally" get hit hard by the vacuum cleaner some day and have to be unplugged for electrical safety reasons, (yeah that's the ticket;).
Have had one in my house for several years. Maybe coincidence ... but no mice hanging around. I assume the device is doing something.

I'll bet you don't have any Bengal tigers either. Guess it keeps those away as well.
kpg* wrote:

No, it's the lack of a food supply that does that... :)

Hey...be patriotic, please. Defective cause and effect relationships are behind our foreign policy, after all. Have a little respect.

Toupe...I mean touche
kpg* wrote:

You beat me to it. I was going to say they repel elephants since I never had any running around my family room but mice, no ;)
Frank

lol. Yeah, elephants are the traditional response, but with college ball starting up I had bayou bengals on my mind.

And I haven't seen a centaurean hyperskunk in over 30 centuries.
I have one in my house and no mice also. Of course it's just sitting on a shelf. Hasn't been plugged in for years.
Bob

I know someone who tried those once. There was no noticeable effect at all (other than the missing money :-)).
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com
Art wrote:

If you clean up after yourself and don't leave any electrons laying around, the electronic rodents will starve to death.
[8~{} Uncle Monster

They are money makers for those who sell them. Not so good for those who buy them. Aside from getting a frisky cat, poison and traps are your best choices.