Electricity consumption

Ebay busted my balls and has made it harder and harder for the small-time seller to do business. First, they took away a seller's ability to rate the buyers. Then, despite a perfect rating, they suspended my acct for 6 mos cuz a couple customers happened to comment my shipping coulda been a bit quicker, like it was my fault the carrier lost my pkgs. One was due to the winning bidder being in Europe, despite being plastered all over my sight I would not ship outside US. Last I heard, ebay had imposed a mandatory shipping time limit while doing nothing to protect the seller from slimey buyers.

Screw ebay. I use craigslist.

nb

Reply to
notbob

True, but I doubt many people look at it that way, especially in an older car. They only look what the immediate out-of-pocket will be and what is the expected life.

Reply to
Kurt Ullman

now you are talking!

I've been kicking around idea of electric cycle myself!

Reply to
me

So, Ebay sanctioned you for perceived sleazy selling practices then?

If that's the case, why would you never buy anything from Ebay? Seems like they go the extra mile to ensure righteous sellers, even if they over-protect the buyer.

Reply to
HeyBub

I just got my weekend Newegg.com sale flyer and they have them on sale for $16.99, free shipping, and no tax. That's a killer deal for anyone that wants one. I really like mine.

SRN

I don't think they are all the same anymore. Newer ones don't lose their memory when unplugged. They all work, though. $16.99 is a good deal even if it isn't the very latest model.

Reply to
greenpjs

I'm sure you'd sell plenty of those. Here's our electric vehicle sir. It costs $40K, just $25K after all the tax payers kick in, goes 100 miles, and it features a heater that will keep you at a comfortable 40F in winter......

That's very reassuring. Of course I could be an ICE car that's bigger, has real heating and AC and costs a mere $20K.

Reply to
trader4

I don't know many people who would consider 40f "comfortable" That was always the redeeming value of having a car. Once that heater got going, you could crank it up.

Reply to
gfretwell

Most commuters dress for work.

Reply to
gfretwell

Well, at 40F it doesn't feel nearly as bad when you get out into -20 weather as it does when you get out of an 80F car.

I like having it warm enough to keep the windows clear and my back from spasming - which, with a coat, is no more than about 50F.

Reply to
clare

I dress for work UNDER my winter coat.

Reply to
clare

From Forbes:

"The Chevrolet Volt is beginning to look like it was manufactured by Atlas Shrugged Motors, where the government mandates everything politically correct, rewards its cronies and produces junk steel.

"...Volt sales are anemic: 326 in December, 321 in January, and 281 in February. GM announced a production run of 100,000 in the first two years. Who is going to buy all these cars?

"Consumer Reports averaged a paltry 25 miles of electric-only running, in part because it was testing in cold Connecticut."

HeyBub

Electricity is free where you live?

You have some convincing to do, there.

Reply to
krw

Why does he care if you can make it home? ;-)

Reply to
krw